Vaccination Passport | Fans will be denied entry without valid NHS pass

I’m at the point now where I am fed up with the vaccine passport nonsense. Covid is now endemic. People will either choose to get vaccinated or not. We need to move on and drop the impositions and invasions of privacy.

It seems the Government and the Premiership are now flexing their bureaucratic muscles for no other reason than the awkward imposition of some form of vaccine apartheid.

“Ihre Papieren Bitte!!” Is starting to wear a bit thin and fray tempers.

A lateral flow test 48 hours beforehand is all but pointless and people who are vaccinated can still become infected with Covid albeit with far lower risk of serious illness. I’m not sure what they are trying to achieve.

Most people have done their bit, got vaccinated and boosted and are taking precautions. Myself included. However this pointless bureaucratic imposition is becoming annoying.

The irony is that if I don’t complete their silly form and don’t bring my “passport” with me they can refuse me entry to the game as a paying season ticket holder.

What then? Off to watch the match in the pub for beers in an indoor setting or the Arndale for some shopping? Don’t need silly form or a passport for that.

I’ve had enough of people with no authority demanding my personal information and being compelled to compromise my privacy via QR Code for me to go about my normal day to day business. They can bugger off.
Whilst we’ll get to that point eventually, the consensus from the medical community, you know, those with the qualifications and experience, is that it is still a dangerous virus and still has the ability to cause severe, that is severe, problems for the health system. We’re all pissed off with it, but it is what it is. I too don’t generally care too much if someone unvaccinated dies from it but I do care about those with underlying conditions at risk and those awaiting other procedures that are being put back due to others taking up hospital resources.

Anyway, what is so sensitive about your data that everyone else seems okay to share.

Whilst we’ll get to that point eventually, the consensus from the medical community, you know, those with the qualifications and experience, is that it is still a dangerous virus and still has the ability to cause severe, that is severe, problems for the health system. We’re all pissed off with it, but it is what it is. I too don’t generally care too much if someone unvaccinated dies from it but I do care about those with underlying conditions at risk and those awaiting other procedures that are being put back due to others taking up hospital resources.

Anyway, what is so sensitive about your data that everyone else seems okay to share.
Because it’s my data and it’s private. So is yours.

Data is a highly marketable commodity, which is why social media harvests personal information across thousands of parameters about your health, social, cultural and spending preferences. It can be used for marketing, health insurance, financial services etc.

Collecting personal data is big business and if they can get you to consent to handing over personal information, all the better for them.

I’m well aware that the disease is dangerous for some and like you I do not want people to die from it whether they are vaccinated or not. I have vulnerable members of my own family to consider. However filling in a form and disclosing your information to a corporation isn’t going to save anyone.

I’m more than happy to do an LFT before we set off for the game to help minimise spread and protect others. We do that anyway as part of due diligence. That should be all that is needed from any of us, and is not dependent on us all disclosing personal information.

People are catching it at the football despite triple jabs and LFD tests. The measures are token and costing lives, and it seems Wales and Scotland had a better idea for the crucial weeks this winter.

Everyone I know who has been to the footy has ended up getting it this winter.

Because it’s my data and it’s private. So is yours.

Data is a highly marketable commodity, which is why social media harvests personal information across thousands of parameters about your health, social, cultural and spending preferences. It can be used for marketing, health insurance, financial services etc.

Collecting personal data is big business and if they can get you to consent to handing over personal information, all the better for them.

I’m well aware that the disease is dangerous for some and like you I do not want people to die from it whether they are vaccinated or not. I have vulnerable members of my own family to consider. However filling in a form and disclosing your information to a corporation isn’t going to save anyone.

I’m more than happy to do an LFT before we set off for the game to help minimise spread and protect others. We do that anyway as part of due diligence. That should be all that is needed from any of us, and is not dependent on us all disclosing personal information.
The form that City sent out doesn’t gather any more information than what they already know, it’s just a few tick boxes saying you agree to this and that. I work in the field of data and the value isn’t usually in individual information of a person but the aggregated values associated with a demographic. It’s important to keep your sensitive data private of course to prevent being scammed but your example of being targeted for health insurance is nonsense, you just ignore them if they contact you and you’re not interested. If you are then you do due diligence and get other quotes, and for each you have to declare your personal info anyway.

It's probably already been covered, but I'm damned if I'm going to trawl through 80 odd pages. Are EU certs permissible? I just got the update yesterday that includes the booster jab. I hope to be getting over in the next couple of months (either Spurs or Brighton).

It's probably already been covered, but I'm damned if I'm going to trawl through 80 odd pages. Are EU certs permissible? I just got the update yesterday that includes the booster jab. I hope to be getting over in the next couple of months (either Spurs or Brighton).

I am travelling from outside of England, what evidence do I need to produce?

If you are travelling from outside of England, you can provide proof of vaccination that is available to you from your local health authority, or an international equivalent to the NHS COVID Pass accepted at the UK border.

Here's the link to the International Travel Equivalent

People are catching it at the football despite triple jabs and LFD tests. The measures are token and costing lives, and it seems Wales and Scotland had a better idea for the crucial weeks this winter.

Everyone I know who has been to the footy has ended up getting it this winter.
Was wolves home then Newcastle away weekend after ( from Belfast ) 23rd dec tested positive and hit me big time. Still coughing way too much. Is what it is though, and cannot continue with measure indefinitely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.