Valencia in for Negredo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien10 said:
This would leave the club short in two areas (striker and central midfield) not good.

Eh? Didn't realise the Beast was a midfield box to box player.

Got to say we look a bit stupid if he goes .
Is this because we can`t get rid of the deadwood !!!!

MihaiCity said:
RandomJ said:
cookster said:
Toys out of the pram boys? Some real mard arses on here!

How is it toys our the pram? We're not complaining cos we didn't sign Messi we're complaining because the geniuses in charge thought it would be a good idea to severely weaken our attack and not get a replacement in.

Severely????? are you on a mission tonight or what??? ok he scored 23 goals but since January he scored 0 and was average..and btw from that 23 goals only 9 we're in PL and we scored over 100 in it....

Yes but he also can give the other attackers a rest when he plays you plank. With just 3 strikers if one goes down the other 2 will need to play 2-3 games a week for the next few months and will get burnt out and that could lead to them getting an injury leaving us with just one fit striker. And He scored a lot of cup goals for us and was our second highest scorer in the Champions League as well.

Shocking decision if we sell negredo without lining up a replacement - purely down to the poor injury records of both jovetic and aguero. Why risk anything ....... should keep negredo and reassess in Jan

spanishblue said:
we are the east stand said:
Not ideal this but what's stopping us pulling David Villa from his loan at Melbourne city to be our 4th choice striker until he needs to go to NYC for the MLS season with lampard?

4 pages back, I don't see the reason for flapping , get him in

Exactly the guy was playing as one of the 2 main strikers for the la liga champions last season, not as if he has been running down his career in a no mark league for the last few seasons....he would do us a job.

Sky Blue said:
cookster said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
"Going one up top if needed" sounds like a desperate move by a small club.......which we are not! If this happens its poor business and no excuses!!

Ok, you know best. Tell me the last time you ran a football club.

Oh, Football Manager doesn't count but Championship Manager does.

Something not quite right with that poster.

What because I believe in the Manager and Leadership of the club? Maybe I should be crying like a little woman like the rest of the flapping girls.

KippaxCitizen said:
bluesoup said:
I'm happy with this deal. Not sure about a replacement but, anything can happen so if the bosses think this is okay then I am too...
Who says the bosses are happy about it? They might be saying the exact same thing as a lot of us are but find themselves in a situation that's too advanced and we find ourselves without the time to rectify it. There could be a meeting between Pellegrini Begiristain Soriano and al Mubarak next week and they might all agree that this was a negative thing and we hope we don't regret it. People make mistakes all the time in work, maybe City have here.

Maybe we won't regret it and Kun and Jovetić stay fit all season and Džeko doesn't go into one of his low in confidence slumps. But it's a maybe going off previous examples.

I am sure MP would be livid as he is a major part of his plans this season on three fronts.

If he has been told by the medicos he is stuffed until January and we can rely on that being the case then that would put a slightly different slant on things.

If we are well behind the eightball in the premiership by then with Chelsea out of sight we would have to bring in replacements for Lampard , yaya and Negredo

Marvin said:
ono said:
This is seriously stupid by us. Aguero has spent the last 2 years with various injuries, Jovetic has spent his entire career consistently injured so that leaves us with Dzeko who is the only physically reliable player up top.

On top of that, Yaya will miss around 6 weeks in January.

We have a very tough CL group, with potential 6 pointers sandwiched in between the CL games. There's an obvious need to freshen it up. That was evident on Saturday, and that's only three games into the season.

It's like we haven't learnt from our last title defending season. Losing a 23 goal striker is a disaster, if we want to be successful in all four competitions.

This isn't needless flapping. I would be just as concerned had we only had 3 centre backs. I'd be even more concerned if two of the three had spent large parts of last season injured.

This will bite us on the arse if Negredo goes. We need four forwards. This has been handled comically bad.
You don't think City know all that?

Which Negredo are we losing? The unstoppable phenomena or the absolutely useless lump? We don't know what his mentality was like this season. He might hae been promised a move if a Spanish bid came along for all we know. As I have said repeatedly Negredo can't play until October and can't play in Europe so he's a pretty useless 4th choice striker anyway. And the window opens in January

We may come to regret this. These are managerial decisions you take which have an element of risk and a regard to many factors which we don't know about including the individual

At last, a sensible post amonst the many irrational ones. No point safeguarding the loss of either Kun or Jov if the player in question cannot regain the form he fist showed. Also, as stated, we wouldnt likely be calling on him until later in the year due to his current injury.

I thought what AN brought when he first came was the promise of something really special, sadly, that went and there has been no green shoots for us to be excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.