Valencia in for Negredo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well by all accounts he has handed in a transfer request, he was at the ground at 8am kicking and screaming for city to make the deal go through, well that is what the press are saying and given we have left ourselves short and didnt need to sell him you would have to assume this is true.

I guess if he is demanding to go we dont have much choice. Still our forward line bar dzeko is very injury prone so there is a good chance failing to get a replacement will come back to bite us.

On the other side £25 million for a player we paid £16 million odd for a year ago including addons and will be 30 next year has to be good business depending on the caveats and if they actually end up paying. He was on circa 100k a week as well so with his fee thats £30million towards a new forward next summer (Plus £3 million for Richards and another £4 million if they sign him next summer)

Still think its a bad idea going with 3 forwards given their injury record. He was also an absolute machine the first half of last season scoring over 20 goals so he will be missed this season IMO.

George Hannah said:
Danamy said:
A player who we had a year out of, who helped us win the title and doesn't want to be here is cracking business in my book, but maybe you're not reading the same page as me?
Sorry, don't try to dress it up - it's just a blunder. The Barca Boys thought they had Monaco over a barrel and would land Falcao cheaply while getting a top price for Alf. It didn't work and the swampies turned them over. Negredo had been taken too far down the road and they had to let him go, albeit for a reasonable price.
Pellegrini will now have to deal with the consequences of no target man cover for Dzeko.
Forget all this about long term planning for signings - they are a pair of chancers and they got burned.
Bring back Gary Cook I say!

80s Shorts said:
1961_vintage said:
No surprise he decided to jack it in. Every time the lad got the ball those fuckwits in the South Stand we're booing him.

Good luck Al - hope you get treated better in Valencia.

Some shite been posted in the last 24hrs but you are up for 1st prize fella.

Wow - with the quality of the competition (eg Wellers to Arsenal for £16m), my gast is truly flabbered at such a prestigious nomination. Thank-you, truly.

grim up north said:
80s Shorts said:
1961_vintage said:
No surprise he decided to jack it in. Every time the lad got the ball those fuckwits in the South Stand we're booing him.

Whoosh
LOL, its clearly why he wanted away, all that booing, even when he was warming up.....

alera said:
Well by all accounts he has handed in a transfer request, he was at the ground at 8am kicking and screaming for city to make the deal go through, well that is what the press are saying and given we have left ourselves short and didnt need to sell him you would have to assume this is true.

I guess if he is demanding to go we dont have much choice. Still our forward line bar dzeko is very injury prone so there is a good chance failing to get a replacement will come back to bite us.

On the other side £25 million for a player we paid £16 million odd for a year ago including addons and will be 30 next year has to be good business depending on the caveats and if they actually end up paying. He was on circa 100k a week as well so with his fee thats £30million towards a new forward next summer (Plus £3 million for Richards and another £4 million if they sign him next summer)

Still think its a bad idea going with 3 forwards given their injury record. He was also an absolute machine the first half of last season scoring over 20 goals so he will be missed this season IMO.

The press you say?

Danamy said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Danamy said:
A £2m deposit with £24m next year for a player who we signed for £20m

A player who we had a year out of, who helped us win the title and doesn't want to be here is cracking business in my book, but maybe you're not reading the same page as me?

imho......we not a selling club...he could have helped us win the PL again this year...without him and without replacement we are a weaker team up front than last season....when all the other teams around us are getting stronger...

Every clubs a selling club when they have a player that doesn't want to be there, you get the best price for the player and both the club and player move on.

That's a great bit of business under the circumstances

Are you saying we should have sold Yaya?....Knowing he was unhappy means we should have/could have got a replacement found before letting him go.....that's good management........only 17minutes to go so hopefully none of this will matter and he stays...;)

1961_vintage said:
80s Shorts said:
1961_vintage said:

Wow - with the quality of the competition (eg Wellers to Arsenal for £16m), my gast is truly flabbered at such a prestigious nomination. Thank-you, truly.

TBF I,d just logged in and stumbled across your "joke". But fair play you got me.

George Hannah said:
Danamy said:
Sorry, don't try to dress it up - it's just a blunder. The Barca Boys thought they had Monaco over a barrel and would land Falcao cheaply while getting a top price for Alf. It didn't work and the swampies turned them over. Negredo had been taken too far down the road and they had to let him go, albeit for a reasonable price.
Pellegrini will now have to deal with the consequences of no target man cover for Dzeko.
Forget all this about long term planning for signings - they are a pair of chancers and they got burned.

Not going to be a popular view among the blue spectacles but I reckon you are close enough to what probably happened.

22:36
The deals we are all waiting on then;
Radamel Falcao to Manchester United.
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal.
Alvaro Negredo to Valencia.
Hatem Ben Arfa to Hull.

Still not done. I bet they are haggling over terms of the deal wages and minimum number of appearances etc before buy clause is triggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.