Valencia in for Negredo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danamy said:
Chippy_boy said:
Danamy said:
I know it's not what people want to hear but that's too good to turn down for both the club and player

£2m is too good to turn down? Are you mad???

£24m next year when we will need the money even less???

It's bonkers.

A £2m deposit with £24m next year for a player who we signed for £20m

A player who we had a year out of, who helped us win the title and doesn't want to be here is cracking business in my book, but maybe you're not reading the same page as me?

It's a great deal in isolation. Trouble is it's not in isolation is it? The trade off is it leaves us with just 2 strikers (one of whom gets injured 4 or 5 times a season) and a near 30 game schedule before the window opens again. An idiotic gamble

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Do loan signings have to be concluded by 11pm?

11pm is just a smokescreen, special dispensation has been given on many deals in the past.

Cityisland said:
Has Falcao been confirmed to the shit yet? The best case scenario is that Negredo stays and he fails a medical.

Id be made up if either deal fell through. Bet the shit confirm as i type this....

I'd be happier if they signed him and his knee went again in the first minute of his debut

FantasyIreland said:
Dribble said:
. TBH I'm more than a little Flummoxed with what's happened over the last 24 hours and trust the powers that be know what they're doing.

We are the current champions,i think they have an inkling.....
I trust their judgement, I just can't see why we're letting Negredo go with no one coming in as a replacement so I'd just love to know our reasoning behind it. I can only think that because of a reduced CL squad, if he stayed he'd have had to miss out.

God knows, but even the best can't foretell what the future may hold, I'm just hoping this decision isn't one that'll come back to bite us on the arse.

dubblue said:
George Hannah said:
Danamy said:
A player who we had a year out of, who helped us win the title and doesn't want to be here is cracking business in my book, but maybe you're not reading the same page as me?
Sorry, don't try to dress it up - it's just a blunder. The Barca Boys thought they had Monaco over a barrel and would land Falcao cheaply while getting a top price for Alf. It didn't work and the swampies turned them over. Negredo had been taken too far down the road and they had to let him go, albeit for a reasonable price.
Pellegrini will now have to deal with the consequences of no target man cover for Dzeko.
Forget all this about long term planning for signings - they are a pair of chancers and they got burned.

Not going to be a popular view among the blue spectacles but I reckon you are close enough to what probably happened.

Harsh with a hint of offensiveness - but the gist might have some truth in it.

FantasyIreland said:
Dribble said:
. TBH I'm more than a little Flummoxed with what's happened over the last 24 hours and trust the powers that be know what they're doing.

We are the current champions,i think they have an inkling.....
I trust their judgement, I just can't see why we're letting Negredo go with no one coming in as a replacement so I'd just love to know our reasoning behind it. I can only think that because of a reduced CL squad, if he stayed he'd have had to miss out.

God knows, but even the best can't foretell what the future may hold, I'm just hoping this decision isn't one that'll come back to bite us on the arse.

VALENCIANISTA ⚽ ‏@ValAMUNT 1m
"@amadeosaldo: EXCLUSIVA | El fisioterapeuta de Álvaro Negredo anuncia que al 99% será jugador del Valencia CF."

EXCLUSIVE | The physiotherapist Alvaro Negredo announces that 99% will be player of Valencia CF

I'd love to know what Manuel's thoughts are on all of this

Did he fly off on Sunday night thinking Falcao was in the bag, so no problem letting Negredo go, or what?

Or maybe he is comfortable with how it's looking like it will turn out

George Hannah said:
Danamy said:
Sorry, don't try to dress it up - it's just a blunder. The Barca Boys thought they had Monaco over a barrel and would land Falcao cheaply while getting a top price for Alf. It didn't work and the swampies turned them over. Negredo had been taken too far down the road and they had to let him go, albeit for a reasonable price.
Pellegrini will now have to deal with the consequences of no target man cover for Dzeko.
Forget all this about long term planning for signings - they are a pair of chancers and they got burned.

I still don't believe we were in for Falcao to be honest, all the noise was from Mendes, if anything Mendes had the Rags over a barrel, but that's just my opinion.

Txiki said last week nothing coming in but players leaving, it must've fell on deaf ears

Negredo off without a replacement is a major clanger for me and totally unexpected. Don't understand this one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.