Van De Vart {merged}

What we need to do here at City is embrace the squad culture. Gone are the days when players will be everpresents, certainly ion succesful sides.

I hope Mancini is sitting the squad down and saying to the (to quote a pillock) "we are all in this together". This is a team game and we all have a part to play, some will have bigger parts others not so big, but nonetheless we all have a role.

I am assumoing that when we win the Premiership that all the 25 man squad will get a medal, regardless of how many games he has played, after all it's only fair now that the rules have changed.

So come on City accept the challenge that is in front of you and get out there and whip the arse of all before you.

So There!!!

Tottenham Pete said:
Well pleased with VDV a truely quality player and very technically gifted, will be a great signing. This forum has some decent posters on it but like all football forums there's a shit load of monkey brained clowns too. Reckon this season will be even closer than last from 2nd all the way down to 6th. Chelsea probably will wrap the title up but after that it's wide open really.

VDV and Modric will also definately fit easily into the same team. It will be interesting to see but I reckon the 4231 will be employed sorta like this

--------Gomes

Charlie Gallas King Bale

------Hudd Sandro

Lennon---VDV---Modric

----Defoe/Pav/Crouch

with that level of creativity behind them it will be interesting to see which forward flourishes the most. I have a feeling Pav could be the man if he ups his workrate alittle as there is a special player in their.

Anyway I reckon you guys will have alot of the same problems as last season getting the team to gel and Mancini imo might not have the character to get the best out of the resources available to him. At times he can look clueless and unsure of his best team. Will be interesting to see how Tevez, Balotelli and Silve link up though as if Mancini gets a balanced team out there City could do some damage. I reckon this is your strongest team

------------Hart

Richards Toure Kompany Lescott

---------DeJong Toure

--Johnson---Silva---Balotelli

------------Tevez

You're going to relegate your best player to left back? Bad move.

And this is City's strongest team imo.

------------Hart

Boateng Toure Kompany Kolarov

---------Milner Toure

------------Tevez

Tottenham Pete said:
lloydie said:
Are you referring to Micah or is that an americanism?

Once fit, my 1st XI....

........................Hart......................
Boeteng....Kompany...Lescott...Kolarov
.....................De Jong...................
.............Milner........Y Toure..........
Tevez...............Silva................A Johnson
......................Ballotelli..................

Keeping squad players happy is a problem for both of us, so probably best to discount it.

yes but your squad players have far bigger egos and don't look at themselves as just squad players were as our squad players know that's what the are and don't make much fuss about it.

do really think shunting Tevez out right is a good idea? imo he's far better playing through the middle

Always makes me laugh when people make assumptions about players ego's, every top player needs an ego or he wouldn't be a top player, nevertheless you seem to understand the personalities of players who (certainly in the team I put up) knew what they were buying into when they signed.
The Idea is that Tevez and the other front players are more of a fluid formation than I put up (couldn't be bothered going into the niceties as you appear from your comments re the fullbacks that you wouldn't grasp them anyway) with a lot of interchanging. Balo will drift wide, as will Silva with AJ and Tev taking up that space.

Quick question; are you a yank or just a tabloid hack?

(my apologies to our more knowledgable American fans in advance)

Tottenham Pete said:
lloydie said:

Once fit, my 1st XI....

Keeping squad players happy is a problem for both of us, so probably best to discount it.

yes but your squad players have far bigger egos and don't look at themselves as just squad players were as our squad players know that's what the are and don't make much fuss about it.

do really think shunting Tevez out right is a good idea? imo he's far better playing through the middle

dont know why but when the CL will start I can see your wonderful team fully involved in the PL relegation battle....

lloydie said:
Tottenham Pete said:
lol well lads you've got a deep ass squad so some feathers are going to have to get ruffled, you can't just stuff all the big names in and have no balance

Milner could go in the middle with Silva out left but then Balotelli would get benched so Mancini has alot of decisions to make

Once fit, my 1st XI....

Don't you mean 1st XII? :P

ElanJo said:
lloydie said:

Once fit, my 1st XI....

Don't you mean 1st XII? :P

LOL ,
oops time to step away from the bottle
(you're just too rational for your own good EJ,)

Tevez............... ............................Silva

ElanJo said:
Tottenham Pete said:
Well pleased with VDV a truely quality player and very technically gifted, will be a great signing. This forum has some decent posters on it but like all football forums there's a shit load of monkey brained clowns too. Reckon this season will be even closer than last from 2nd all the way down to 6th. Chelsea probably will wrap the title up but after that it's wide open really.

VDV and Modric will also definately fit easily into the same team. It will be interesting to see but I reckon the 4231 will be employed sorta like this

--------Gomes

Charlie Gallas King Bale

------Hudd Sandro

Lennon---VDV---Modric

----Defoe/Pav/Crouch

with that level of creativity behind them it will be interesting to see which forward flourishes the most. I have a feeling Pav could be the man if he ups his workrate alittle as there is a special player in their.

Anyway I reckon you guys will have alot of the same problems as last season getting the team to gel and Mancini imo might not have the character to get the best out of the resources available to him. At times he can look clueless and unsure of his best team. Will be interesting to see how Tevez, Balotelli and Silve link up though as if Mancini gets a balanced team out there City could do some damage. I reckon this is your strongest team

------------Hart

Richards Toure Kompany Lescott

---------DeJong Toure

------------Tevez

You're going to relegate your best player to left back? Bad move.

And this is City's strongest team imo.

------------Hart

Boateng Toure Kompany Kolarov

---------Milner Toure

------------Tevez

Think of Bale like a left sided Maicon or Sergio Ramos. He's naturally a LB but can really play anywhere down the left side. Overlapping from fullback he's alot harder to pick up. After Defoes performance for England tonite I can't wait to see him playing with VDV and Modric threading through passes he could hit 30 this season.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:36 pm --<br /><br />
lloydie said:
Tottenham Pete said:

Always makes me laugh when people make assumptions about players ego's, every top player needs an ego or he wouldn't be a top player, nevertheless you seem to understand the personalities of players who (certainly in the team I put up) knew what they were buying into when they signed.
The Idea is that Tevez and the other front players are more of a fluid formation than I put up (couldn't be bothered going into the niceties as you appear from your comments re the fullbacks that you wouldn't grasp them anyway) with a lot of interchanging. Balo will drift wide, as will Silva with AJ and Tev taking up that space.

Quick question; are you a yank or just a tabloid hack?

(my apologies to our more knowledgable American fans in advance)

lol you're a smart guy, must be great being you, unless it's really not

oh and I currently do live in AMERICA and it's great the sunshine the pools and everything that comes with that but I aint a yank or a red-neck and I damn sure aint a hack

Yep, it's ok being me thanks.
I actually agree with you regarding Bale as I've been following him closely since before he made his full Wales debut and have trumpeted his merits since long before Spuds bought him. He's a fantastic player although he had rather quiet game last night in a patched up team. You are however completely wrong about our fullbacks and squad, don't believe all you read, bud, and certainly don't crack on that you have an insight from the vantage point of your poolside sunlounger. You have every right to your opinion but if it's a regurgitated tale from the tabloids one then don't expect it to be respected.

Bale is the worst left back that I have ever seen, and I've seen players who were shit in Division Two.

He is as thick as pigshit and I'm pretty sure that he's blind.

Harry Godwin said:
Don't give a toss about this tbh, spuds can do what they like, fact is
this year will be there one and only appearance in the champs league.
They better make the most of it, they won't make the top 5 this year.
Well, not without some help they won't and I wouldn't put that past
the bent f*&%^$s that are running football in this country

Why the paranoia? Spurs are treated no differently by the various authorities than City. Enough of the persecution complex!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.