VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
VAR is good for the game. Its the clowns who operate it and them hiding away wirh no-one to answer to, who are the problem.
This.100%.

Apart from the favoured red tops, all club fans should bond together on this issue and demand something is done to remove the shroud of secrecy that currently exists at pigmol.
It is absolutely disgraceful that in the 21st century British football (a multi-billion pound industry, don't forget) is run by a small group of faceless individuals who answer to no one. Not a single person.
If Riley and his mates don't want us to win the Prem there is sweet fuck all we can do about it...and we are paying for the privilege! If he wants to ensure a certain team are relegated there's nothing they can do about it, either.

I've said this many times before, and I'll repeat myself here because I'm a sad, Billy-no-Mates with lots of time on my hands, a gargantuan appetite for beer and Monty Python, and an unhealthy interest in female underwear, but it is only going to get worse. Some deranged supporter somewhere will attack one of the officials at a game after being continuously wound up once too often by a ref's 'make-it-up-as-I-go-along' farcical approach to the rules of the game.

After the non-penalty for Phil in the Southampton match and the report in the Sun there are certainly questions about who actually controls VAR and whether it's being used at all. But beyond that there has to be much more open anf full discussion about what is being applied. I don't mean more directives from FIFA or UEFA or a document on rule changes produced by the likes of Messrs Gill, Agnelli and Rumenigge (with special guest appearance now by Snr Joan Laporta) issued after coffee in a Boston bar courtesy Mr Henry. Those involved in top class football need to reach a consensus on what constitutes offside without a ten minute investigation behind closed doors, what is handball without calling in expert testimony from a consultant anatomist and what is violent play. VAR worked fine in the 2018 world cup but it's been really sabotaged since.

This.100%.

Apart from the favoured red tops, all club fans should bond together on this issue and demand something is done to remove the shroud of secrecy that currently exists at pigmol.
It is absolutely disgraceful that in the 21st century British football (a multi-billion pound industry, don't forget) is run by a small group of faceless individuals who answer to no one. Not a single person.
If Riley and his mates don't want us to win the Prem there is sweet fuck all we can do about it...and we are paying for the privilege! If he wants to ensure a certain team are relegated there's nothing they can do about it, either.

I've said this many times before, and I'll repeat myself here because I'm a sad, Billy-no-Mates with lots of time on my hands, a gargantuan appetite for beer and Monty Python, and an unhealthy interest in female underwear, but it is only going to get worse. Some deranged supporter somewhere will attack one of the officials at a game after being continuously wound up once too often by a ref's 'make-it-up-as-I-go-along' farcical approach to the rules of the game.
My own view on this, is that nothing should be being checked by VAR. Each team should get one referal each game. If a team is certain a mistake has been made then they get to appeal. The onfield captain has to appeal and he has 15 seconds frmm the next break in play.
The replays should then go up on the big screen and the ref should be the one who makes the decision. Have him mic'ed up and everyone should know how many camera angles are available.
It stops continuous breaks in play and there is full transparency.

After the non-penalty for Phil in the Southampton match and the report in the Sun there are certainly questions about who actually controls VAR and whether it's being used at all. But beyond that there has to be much more open anf full discussion about what is being applied. I don't mean more directives from FIFA or UEFA or a document on rule changes produced by the likes of Messrs Gill, Agnelli and Rumenigge (with special guest appearance now by Snr Joan Laporta) issued after coffee in a Boston bar courtesy Mr Henry. Those involved in top class football need to reach a consensus on what constitutes offside without a ten minute investigation behind closed doors, what is handball without calling in expert testimony from a consultant anatomist and what is violent play. VAR worked fine in the 2018 world cup but it's been really sabotaged since.
The whole situation is such a f*cking mess. Even if it wasn't corrupt (which most of us believe it is to some degree), it is far from transparent and accountable which in turn leave the authorities open to accusations of corruption in the first place.

When some unqualified no-mark in the VAR control room is using their position to influence the outcome of a whether an incident is penalty or not then we might as well just accept that the beautiful game is no more and we'd be better off watching WWE wrestling instead where at least they don't really try and pretend it isn't scripted b*llshit.

I think VAR might be the catalyst for change itself as its showing just how undeniably poor or corrupt PiGMOL are.

Or we could just get rid of it and go back to muttering about 'pace of the game' while a fat rag waddles around the pitch giving them every 50-50 and penalty shout and a bald rag gets every Manchester Derby and gives us fuck all and them everything.
I’m not sure it’s as revolutionarly different. Still tonnes of bad decisions with VAR. And who is highlighting any of them and doing anything about it. It’s almost as if the ability to manipulate games is not a concern for governing bodies?

I love optimism but I don’t see any sign of anything changing anytime soon.

there will need to be a whistleblower

My own view on this, is that nothing should be being checked by VAR. Each team should get one referal each game. If a team is certain a mistake has been made then they get to appeal. The onfield captain has to appeal and he has 15 seconds frmm the next break in play.
The replays should then go up on the big screen and the ref should be the one who makes the decision. Have him mic'ed up and everyone should know how many camera angles are available.
It stops continuous breaks in play and there is full transparency.
I must add, if you win the appeal you should still have that appeal to use later.

Somebody really needs to investigate or challenge the large pot of money referees get on their retirement in exchange for their silence.

Last edited:
Give me multiple camera angles and perspectives and the slow-mo zoom tech and I'm pretty certain that, if I wanted to, I could find a reason to disallow a goal. Put me on VAR for a rag game and I'm certain of it.

Unfortunately the reverse is being applied to our games by people who have much to lose and will stop at nothing to prevent the rise of City to the top of European football's elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.