VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
where is VAR headquarters in the champions league matches. Could have sworn I heard that the VAR officials were the same people for both matches tonight

where is VAR headquarters in the champions league matches. Could have sworn I heard that the VAR officials were the same people for both matches tonight

Not correct, it was German referees for both games but different teams for VAR.

Interestingly, Juventus had Darko Ceferin as the referee observer tonight, I wonder if he's any relation to his UEFA president namesake?

They are very precise that's the problem, they know what they're doing.

I've had renewal doubts, with the delay in allowing us back in how var works at the start of the season, it could be a clincher.
They are not precise though, and that's the problem. In all but the most obvious offside decisions, they have the ability to select the frame which gives the their preferred outcome. This is due to the relatively slow frame rate of the camera and the speed of the player. They can also select the point at which they decide the ball is passed, which could be as much as 60cm (about 2') difference. It is SELECTIVE and SUBJECTIVE, and as such open to corruption. And what's more is that it has been sold as transparent, which is worse.

The way it has been implemented and manipulated managed in the PL has been nothing short of criminal.

Have not seen the games today but listened on my way back from work. They mentioned a goal being disallowed for off side,rightly so as they could see the lines on the screen. Now I thought the dodgy lines were a thing of the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.