VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cancelling of the red card in the Southampton game was a very good decision following his initial mistake. Much better for the ref to have a look pitchside as opposed to someone miles away who is scared to go against him
Only a useless fat turd like moss would’ve shown red in first place. Shouldn’t have needed VAR at all for that. AND the powers that be have little interest in controlling the results in games like that. Leeds however were one nil down after 5 mins and they were denied a pen themselves. It’s utter wank.

The cancelling of the red card in the Southampton game was a very good decision following his initial mistake. Much better for the ref to have a look pitchside as opposed to someone miles away who is scared to go against him

The VAR debacle makes you look closely into decisions like the rescinding of the red card yesterday..

How many times to you see players contesting a bouncing ball, both have their feet raised, invariably one kicks the other who then goes down like a sack of shit resulting in a yellow card 99 times out of a hundred..

Pick a non discript game like Palace v Southampton, dish out a red for said foul, review on pitchside monitor which don't forget were in place all last season and ignored, reverse decision to a yellow and hey presto, VAR is working, refs are human, fatso Moss corrected his 'mistake' and we're good to go for the new season..

VAR is then lauded and given the thumbs up by all and sundry..

It's all a bit too convenient for me..

Or maybe I'm just looking for something that's not there..

Bunch of bent, cheating, game manipulating *****..!

I still don’t like the fact that the commentator’s can see the VAR decisions before we are even informed if it’s a goal or been disallowed or red card and so on ..
The fact that football, compared to cricket and tennis, still deny the ticket paying (in the old days!) fans the opportunity to view what everybody at StockleyContainerPark and the tv fans and pundits are seeing still renders top marks on Ewing's Scale of Stinking Faeces. But there again, would we be presented with something that was a figment of Stockley's fertile imagination. I think I would trust a cabal of burglars more than I would PiGMOL.

They might as well just put FIFA21 matches on now.
Or better still tell people who've they have decided wins and at least we can get a bet on.

Thought I had read it somewhere or it had been on the tv.

It was said earlier in the thread, but I think it's wrong.

They now will show a blue line for defender and either red or green for the attacker being offside or onside.

Presumably that means that it should always shown, or at least that there's no reason not to.

I wonder if two frames being the difference of on- to offside should be viewed as onside - just a thought without anything to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.