VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was quicker because in the main they just agreed with the ref, I mean why wasn't it used to in the final?

A clear studs-up challenge, ref booked him, VAR automatically looks at the decision, earlier in the tournament the ref was sent to the monitor for that type of challenge, which resulted in a red card every time.

A clear as day professional foul, cynical as fuck, not even looked at.

Well if they were looked at they were ignored.

Really the Italians should have been down to 9 men.
Whilst i agree re the studs up, in general the tournament highlighted how we (English football fans) are fucked over each week.

Jorginho ok.
What other one and I presume you don't mean the Chiellini one on Saka by the sideline.
Yes, I meant that one, it was a professional foul, why shouldn't it have been a straight red, it was a cynical bit of cheating.

Yes, I meant that one, it was a professional foul, why shouldn't it have been a straight red, it was a cynical bit of cheating
Don't think I've ever seen a straight red for pulling a player down so far away from goals.

Don't think I've ever seen a straight red for pulling a player down so far away from goals.
That was a really dangerous challenge and completely deliberate. I’d have sent him off and it would have had nothing to do with denying a goal scoring opportunity. He grabbed a fellow pro by the shirt and slammed him to the floor. Red all day long for me

You just want to class that as 'pulling a player down'?

Nothing else to be said really.

A cynical professional foul can be given a red card btw, could you get any more cynical than that.

Not that it matters

Yes, I meant that one, it was a professional foul, why shouldn't it have been a straight red, it was a cynical bit of cheating.
I think the ref didn't give the red because of where it happened on the pitch. Had it occured in the middle with a direct route on goal he'd have gone.

I think the ref didn't give the red because of where it happened on the pitch. Had it occured in the middle with a direct route on goal he'd have gone.
I don't think anyone is arguing it was a goal scoring opportunity, but the fact that it was a deliberate and dangerous act which could have resulted in serious injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.