VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have dipped in and out of this footie tournament thing that is going on at the moment and have been impressed with the speed at which VAR decisions have been made - until last night. Needless to say they were using the English system (is it different? ). There was one particular time when the player was clearly offside after the 'line drawing' and yet it took ages for a decision to be made - Atwell??

I have dipped in and out of this footie tournament thing that is going on at the moment and have been impressed with the speed at which VAR decisions have been made - until last night. Needless to say they were using the English system (is it different? ). There was one particular time when the player was clearly offside after the 'line drawing' and yet it took ages for a decision to be made - Atwell??
Obviously confused Atwell as Austria were playing in red and he was therefore desperate to give the goal..

VAR at the Euros is no difference to the Prem VAR at all.

for some reason , everyone was desperate to praise it after 1 round of fixtures where there wasn’t many incidences

VAR at the Euros is no difference to the Prem VAR at all.

for some reason , everyone was desperate to praise it after 1 round of fixtures where there wasn’t many incidences
Funny it's so different when there are no northern red wearing teams playing.......Norway must be pissed off, they'd have walked it if they'd qualified ;)

Can the VAR lovers tell me why there were no contentious offside goals in the Euros or why players were not stood around for 3 minutes whilst we waited to see if a defender/forward handballed it 20 minutes before the goal.
I don't know if English officials were ever in the Var caravan but it was 100% better than the farce we are forced to endure in the league.
Perhaps now everyone will accept that the idiots at Pigmol are the problem.

Can the VAR lovers tell me why there were no contentious offside goals in the Euros or why players were not stood around for 3 minutes whilst we waited to see if a defender/forward handballed it 20 minutes before the goal.
I don't know if English officials were ever in the Var caravan but it was 100% better than the farce we are forced to endure in the league.
Perhaps now everyone will accept that the idiots at Pigmol are the problem.
It was quicker because in the main they just agreed with the ref, I mean why wasn't it used to in the final?

A clear studs-up challenge, ref booked him, VAR automatically looks at the decision, earlier in the tournament the ref was sent to the monitor for that type of challenge, which resulted in a red card every time.

A clear as day professional foul, cynical as fuck, not even looked at.

Well if they were looked at they were ignored.

Really the Italians should have been down to 9 men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.