Var debate 2019/20

Just so I can keep up with the VAR agenda / conspiracy. Who paid who and why in the Villa Burnley game ?

I can see strikers wearing grass coloured boots soon to fool VAR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen a freeze frame on Twitter of a disallowed VAR goal because someone's heel was a mm offside.
Tell me that isn't true.

This is all rigged to grant/deny goals to teams they want to.

They do show a mm difference at some point in time - however if they really want to be accurate then they should be showing that ball leaving the foot of the player at exact same time with a gap of a mm or less. There is no way they can do that so they take an arbitrary time when the VAR official thinks the ball has left the foot of the passing player and show a difference of a mm of receiving player either side of defender depending on which team VAR official would like to benefit.

Is the equipment capable of measuring time and events to that degree of accuracy SF?

Surely it is like using a tape measure rather than a micrometer to measure thousandths of an inch at exactly the same split second in 2 different places.
I’ve never thought that TV could show whether a player was offside or not to such degrees of accuracy.
Pre VAR it used to annoy me when the BBC et al would try to someone was offside when their own pictures were moved backwards and forwards to when the ball may/not have been played. It was all down to the interpretation of the commentary.
Now we have VAR doing the same and, IMO, down to the interpretation of the bent ref overseeing the pics.

When we played WHU at the beginning of the season I thought Sterling’s goal was ruled offside unfairly whilst Jesus’ was offside.
Both too close really to call with any confidence of greater than 90%, hardly clear and obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.