Var debate 2019/20

Same with us.
Spent half time figuring out whether we were offside or not leading up to the penalty VAR. The fact it went to VAR suggests he wasn’t offside, so why did the assistant flag when they are told not to? Then again the assistant (female) did the same on Sunday. So why are assistants flagging our onsides as offsides when they’re told not to be flagging it all. Is it just collective amnesia of their own made up rules when applied to us? Or is it just bent?
VAR ruled out the off side and then did the penalty check, why was the game restarted with an Everton free kick where the non off side occured, not a drop ball where play stopped when the ref blew for off side.

Because they're making it up as they go along.

Sat at home with all the technology of a sports company showing replay after replay and I am non the wiser. I believe it's bent and I wont be convinced it isn't. It's been introduced to support a product and we are collateral damage IMHO.
I used to think we were collateral damage, but I now believe that’s stopped.
The cheats tried to hand the title to Liverpool last year: five goalies throwing it in their own goals, numerous offside goals and not withstanding wisps of wind blowing their strikers over for penalties. What they didn’t account for was the amazing run Pep and the boys put together to snatch it.

This year they’re taking no chances so started the season by hampering us whilst still providing Liverpool with the same help as last season.
Personally I’m sick of seeing our players pushed, kicked and assaulted with impunity whilst a slight touch from one of ours earns a booking. Subtly backed up by the commentators on BT Sport Cheats claiming we are monsters and that we get away with murder.

I have skipped a lot of pages which I would normally read but it is because I have come in here to simply post this.....
I went to the game today, I thought the first goal was a very good goal, it looked it from CB3 and I even shouted VAR that you bastards. sadly they did and said offside.
Shortly after I thought Mahrez was offside as he ran through, he was then fouled and they spent forever looking at a possible penalty. Sky said the linesman had already flagged and the ref had blown his whistle so it was a clusterfuck, not their exact words I grant you but.....

anyway, my point is, when I fell in love with football I did not sign up to this clinical, forensic analysis of every incident. I want action, drama and goals. To the premier league I say you can fuck off, you are killing the game and I am not sure I want anything more to do with your product. Fuck right off.

VAR ruled out the off side and then did the penalty check, why was the game restarted with an Everton free kick where the non off side occured, not a drop ball where play stopped when the ref blew for off side.

Because they're making it up as they go along.
That’s the conclusion we came too. And blind Pugh actually did the hand signal, line drawn across the pitch followed by upright arm, indicating offside and a free kick, even though he was proved to be onside.
Meanwhile we mushrooms are the ones paying for this whilst punters at home get to know what’s going on.

Was talking to a mate earlier, Liverpool fan:never goes, who couldn’t understand why I was complaining about being totally in the dark at Wolves about what was going on. He actually thought that we were shown on the screens in the ground what he sees on the screen in the pub. If only!
It must be the only sport where the spectators are kept in the dark whilst the tv audience is shown what is happening.

They’re supposed to. I’m guessing they did tonight but forgot the rules of football. That was a clear red card. Awful challenge. Deliberate scissors tackle to try to injure the opponent, no attempt to play the ball. Shithouse.
Was it not this player that managed to get Walker sent off a couple of years ago. He fell over clutching his mush and Oliver was kidded into reporting him to the ref for it.

Not sure I’ve met a single fan recently, of any club, who thinks VAR is a good idea. Pretty damning when we’re all almost universally opposed to it.

Not sure I’ve met a single fan recently, of any club, who thinks VAR is a good idea. Pretty damning when we’re all almost universally opposed to it.
Liverpool fans love it.

Had a drink with a Liverpool supporting lad today. Laughing his head off at Sunday’s game. Actually said he felt their goal was handball and that Wolves goal should have stood.

I wondered what he’d been drinking.

Same with us.
Spent half time figuring out whether we were offside or not leading up to the penalty VAR. The fact it went to VAR suggests he wasn’t offside, so why did the assistant flag when they are told not to? Then again the assistant (female) did the same on Sunday. So why are assistants flagging our onsides as offsides when they’re told not to be flagging it all. Is it just collective amnesia of their own made up rules when applied to us? Or is it just bent?

It's bent mate..!

I even work with a big Liverpool fan and he despises it too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.