Var debate 2019/20

It’s ruined football and I’m not even remotely talking about just our games.
The laughable part is that it has to be intentional. There is no other logic to making such a shambles of it, summed up by that prick Dermot Gallagher taking the piss last week when he said it’s the clubs’ fault for voting for it.

The usual bullshine about the ref not using the pitchside monitor taking too much time is utter nonsense. How long does it take now! And then yer only get two fuckin' mins added for the four they've taken. There's only Jonny Moss who would take more time considering he would need an oxygen mask if he rushed over!

The fact they haven't used it, but get some wireless subterfuge into their ears is the way PiGMOL have always wanted it. Don't let the paying fans see what the fuck we're doin'!

So why are we resorting to this as well?
hey Busser why not give us some credit on the post match thread?
Only Busser's we know in football are the Bus wrecking scouse cheating ****s-not one of those are you?

I really dislike the feeling when you score it’s going to get scrutinised and if your a half glass empty kind of guy like me you always fear the worst. For this reason alone I would like to see it scrapped.

fortunately it does have its plus sides - Noble tonight did a good challenge and the ref sent him off , that’s totally unjustifiable and luckily VAR was able to tell the ref he got it wrong. Likewise players ‘clearly’ diving in the pen area don’t get away with it any longer and also ‘clear’ offsides are now prevented.

It has to be improved.

I really dislike the feeling when you score it’s going to get scrutinised and if your a half glass empty kind of guy like me you always fear the worst. For this reason alone I would like to see it scrapped.

fortunately it does have its plus sides - Noble tonight did a good challenge and the ref sent him off , that’s totally unjustifiable and luckily VAR was able to tell the ref he got it wrong. Likewise players ‘clearly’ diving in the pen area don’t get away with it any longer and also ‘clear’ offsides are now prevented.

It has to be improved.
And we had the exact opposite to you.
A clear red card was given a yellow, and no one looked at it.
Worse still, IMO, was the linesman putting his flag up at a very tight decision, they are told not to, which was proved to be onside as it went to a VAR penalty review!
Two var reviews took over four minutes, yet only two minutes extra was played.

And we had the exact opposite to you.
A clear red card was given a yellow, and no one looked at it.
Worse still, IMO, was the linesman putting his flag up at a very tight decision, they are told not to, which was proved to be onside as it went to a VAR penalty review!
Two var reviews took over four minutes, yet only two minutes extra was played.

This tonight v Everton ? strange if VAR is used to prevent city winning ... as they would add loads more time on ? Adding only 2 mins was a benefit to you. But your right in the sense these stoppages are not being correctly added on.

offside decisions have been the most controversial, they are going to have to have a complete overhaul on these marginal decisions.

This tonight v Everton ? strange if VAR is used to prevent city winning ... as they would add loads more time on ? Adding only 2 mins was a benefit to you. But your right in the sense these stoppages are not being correctly added on.

offside decisions have been the most controversial, they are going to have to have a complete overhaul on these marginal decisions.
Two minutes didn’t really benefit us, given it was 0-0 at the time.

The 2 mins added on was at end of first half when it was still 0-0.

Two minutes didn’t really benefit us, given it was 0-0 at the time.

ahhh I see. First half.

did they add more on at the end then for the first half stoppages?

they seem to do that at games for some reason - first half always seems to get 1/2 min max despite loads of stoppages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.