Var debate 2019/20

Give each team one appeal each game. The team appeals and all replays go up on big screen. Ref then can change his decision if need be. Everyone in the ground then knows what going on. Mic the ref up and let him explain his decision.

This would stop the players asking for VAR in relation to every action, it would maintain the flow of the game and it would stop fans going crazy in the ground.

There is absolutely no need for Stockley park and multiple refs.

It's not VAR that needs binning, it's the idiots in charge who have made an absolute cluster fuck of its implementation.

Give each team one appeal each game. The team appeals and all replays go up on big screen. Ref then can change his decision if need be. Everyone in the ground then knows what going on. Mic the ref up and let him explain his decision.

This would stop the players asking for VAR in relation to every action, it would maintain the flow of the game and it would stop fans going crazy in the ground.

There is absolutely no need for Stockley park and multiple refs.

It's not VAR that needs binning, it's the idiots in charge who have made an absolute cluster fuck of its implementation.

agree with the appeals, thus Sheff Utd would have had their goal ruled out as we appealed and today's would have rightly stood as Everton wouldn't have appealed as it was farcical to go back that far.

Beautiful goal ruled out.

And we had the exact opposite to you.
A clear red card was given a yellow, and no one looked at it.
Worse still, IMO, was the linesman putting his flag up at a very tight decision, they are told not to, which was proved to be onside as it went to a VAR penalty review!
Two var reviews took over four minutes, yet only two minutes extra was played.

Spot on SF.. Both incidents were at the end I sit and were a disgrace..

2 minutes added on was a joke.. We were flagged offside, the game stopped then VAR are checking for a penalty for us, it's a f"kin joke, it's being made up on the hoof..

That dirty bastard Calvert Lewen should have got a straight red, another shit decision we copped for..

Spent half time talking about fkin VAR rather than the first half of the game..

It's sucked the life out of the game and match going fans are being treated like mugs, nobody knows what the fcuk is going on..

It's done its job this season and no matter how much everyone complains what's already gone will not be reversed..

I may have mentioned it in previous posts but just to reconfirm, its fkin bent and it fkin stinks..!

IMG_20200101_203054.jpg

ahhh I see. First half.

did they add more on at the end then for the first half stoppages?

they seem to do that at games for some reason - first half always seems to get 1/2 min max despite loads of stoppages.
Nope, 4 minutes added on at the end, so 6 minutes in total. That time added on covers 3 goals, 6 substitutions, a couple of injury breaks and all the VAR checks.

ahhh I see. First half.

did they add more on at the end then for the first half stoppages?

they seem to do that at games for some reason - first half always seems to get 1/2 min max despite loads of stoppages.

Why would the referee add stoppage time accrued in the first half onto the end of the second half?

There were 2 lengthy VAR calls at the game today, a good 5 minutes in total, 2 minutes were added at the end of the first half..

It's a joke!

Nobody sat around me had any idea what the fcuk was going on..

The game has been ruined to protect the product..!

I cannot ever warm to it and never will. It's shite, full stop. I hate cheering and not knowing if its its going to be an armpit, finger nail

I was against it from the get go, human error is normal and part of life. It's because of fucking idiots like Hansen and Shearer complaining for years about refs while having a luxury of ten replays

Keep goal line technology. Throw in another ref if you have to, throw in more linos, do whatever needs doing

Spot on SF.. Both incidents were at the end I sit and were a disgrace..

2 minutes added on was a joke.. We were flagged offside, the game stopped then VAR are checking for a penalty for us, it's a f"kin joke, it's being made up on the hoof..

That dirty bastard Calvert Lewen should have got a straight red, another shit decision we copped for..

Spent half time talking about fkin VAR rather than the first half of the game..

It's sucked the life out of the game and match going fans are being treated like mugs, nobody knows what the fcuk is going on..

It's done its job this season and no matter how much everyone complains what's already gone will not be reversed..

I may have mentioned it in previous posts but just to reconfirm, its fkin bent and it fkin stinks..!
Same with us.
Spent half time figuring out whether we were offside or not leading up to the penalty VAR. The fact it went to VAR suggests he wasn’t offside, so why did the assistant flag when they are told not to? Then again the assistant (female) did the same on Sunday. So why are assistants flagging our onsides as offsides when they’re told not to be flagging it all. Is it just collective amnesia of their own made up rules when applied to us? Or is it just bent?

I cannot ever warm to it and never will. It's shite, full stop. I hate cheering and not knowing if its its going to be an armpit, finger nail

I was against it from the get go, human error is normal and part of life. It's because of fucking idiots like Hansen and Shearer complaining for years about refs while having a luxury of ten replays

Keep goal line technology. Throw in another ref if you have to, throw in more linos, do whatever needs doing
As long as it’s not the bunch of cheats from PGMOB it might work.

Same with us.
Spent half time figuring out whether we were offside or not leading up to the penalty VAR. The fact it went to VAR suggests he wasn’t offside, so why did the assistant flag when they are told not to? Then again the assistant (female) did the same on Sunday. So why are assistants flagging our onsides as offsides when they’re told not to be flagging it all. Is it just collective amnesia of their own made up rules when applied to us? Or is it just bent?

Sat at home with all the technology of a sports company showing replay after replay and I am non the wiser. I believe it's bent and I wont be convinced it isn't. It's been introduced to support a product and we are collateral damage IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.