Var debate 2019/20

If you’re at the game it’s a joke. If you’re watching at home it’s ok. I do about 50/50 so have seen both perspectives. But who cares about the batch going fan. No one - and that’s been evident for years. I can see me attending less and less games when var is involved. It’s killed the match going experience for me. I’ll end up watching it on tv and just going when my kids want to go. Very sad

In the stadium the other night I had a feeling Aguero was offside. When the ball hit the net I stood absolutely still because I just had this horrible feeling. I witnessed the entire stadium absolutely explode in a moment of pandemonium and I just hoped that VAR wouldn’t be needed. I’d actually said to my dad at half time I don’t like VAR because imagine we score a last minute winner and it gets ruled out. Call it a premonition I don’t know.

Currently it is a joke. I am thinking from your user name you are saying VAR isn’t a joke because you sit at home watching it on TV. Try going to every game and try standing there when the big screen says “VAR Review” and looking around wondering what the fxxk is happening. Thinking “I am so glad I paid for my return flight to the game, hotel and match ticket. I could have stayed at home paid buttons to watch it on Tv” like a load of neutrals and vaguely interested TV viewers and actually be watching the VAR replays. But instead i am 400 quid down and no Fxxkin idea what is going on. VAR is utter sh1te

I never really thought of that. Just why should folk sitting at home get to see probably more than the fuckin' ref got to see and the paying fans get to see some shit 80s tech that sez VAR REVIEW! I suppose the governing bodies are doing their best and we are expected to be grateful!!!!!!

I remember coming away from the Dippers CL QF last season. My mate said where's VAR when you need it? I half jokingly replied it's in next season but you watch we've been shafted because we didn't have VAR tonight but next season we'll be shafted because we have got VAR. Never a truer word said than in jest, eh?

We also won the league last season and made mistakes in each and every single one of those games, what’s your point? If you think those mistakes cost us then you’re a complete and utter fucking balloon.

If VAR rules out Llorente’s goal as we all know it should now we’ve seen the correct angle, we would have gone through despite those mistakes.

Football, in fact any sport, is impossible to play without making mistakes. Shall we write off last seasons league title because we made a few mistakes along the way.
Keep calm fella, I was cheesed off Wed night as well. Cut the name calling out or pm me. Cheers.

Maybe one has already been posted earlier in this thread but does anyone have a link where it states that the June 2019 handball rule changes are now in use for CL games? I've seen Rossetti's directive being mentioned but not seen what it actually said.

Me too. A number of people have asked, but I haven't seen anyone confirm this 'fact'. I don't think it happened.

I think there is a change in what is given for handball - hence Otamendi at Schalke, the penalty at PSG - but that was an revision to advice to refs on arm position rather than specifically the June 2019 rule change. I don't think it had anything at all to do with the amendment of 'not scoring with an arm'.

Apart from anything else, the June 2019 law changes were only accepted after the Schalke away match, and it would make no sense at all for them to be instructed a couple of months beforehand.

Never ever wanted it the days of celebrating a 90th min winner are gone.
Some decisions are right some are wrong and that’s part of football and the debate you have with your mates on the way home.

Has to be deliberate according to the rules.
They make the rules up as they go along, enjoy next season Marvin because VAR will ruin the game, it’s made for tv now not matchgoing fans , i’m Finished with it.

Has to be deliberate according to the rules.

That is absolutely not the case given the recent handball penalties awarded against us at Schalke and PSG against the rags.

Also, given it is clear that the laws state you cant be offside if your arms are ahead of the second last defender (because you cant score a goal with your arms) it is binary that the goal should have been disallowed - that is why they are tightening the rules next season on handball to explicitly call this out.

Also, why was VAR not used to ensure the penalty in the first leg was re taken when Vertonghen encroached into the area before Sergio had kicked the ball and very clearly gained an unfair advantage.

Secondly, why was VAR not used for the blatant penalty claim on Bernardo when we was very clearly pushed when chasing up a rebound from a lloris save?

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.