Var debate 2019/20

Who called for Llorenetes goal to be looked at? If it was the VAR ref then he must have seen the angle where it hit his arm, if he did then why wasn’t that shown to the ref? If he didn’t then why would he tell the ref to look At It? If it was the ref who called it was it because of the City protests? If that’s the case he is been led by the players.

One thing that occurred to me today.

How many times does the linesman flag for offside in open play, and then the cameras prove that he was wrong?
Usually the game has already stopped, but what would happen if the striker (Sterling today on the half way line from an Ederson clearance) just carried on and shot past the keeper, before asking the referee to check with VAR?

Anyone else think the PL table next season will look so different to the normal mix of 6? VAR going to have a big say in top and bottom places

Who called for Llorenetes goal to be looked at? If it was the VAR ref then he must have seen the angle where it hit his arm, if he did then why wasn’t that shown to the ref? If he didn’t then why would he tell the ref to look At It? If it was the ref who called it was it because of the City protests? If that’s the case he is been led by the players.
We were saying today
There must have been some doubt by the VAR ref as this was the only VAR incident the match ref reviewed

One thing that occurred to me today.

How many times does the linesman flag for offside in open play, and then the cameras prove that he was wrong?
Usually the game has already stopped, but what would happen if the striker (Sterling today on the half way line from an Ederson clearance) just carried on and shot past the keeper, before asking the referee to check with VAR?

I think the point is more that the linesman's flag only makes a difference if the ref blows his whistle.
Until then, it's play on.

At the moment, the ref will usually blow when he sees the flag, although occasionally he will overrule, e.g. if he thinks it came off a defending player and the linesman is wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.