Var debate 2019/20

No VAR cost us (West Ham) yesterday, perfectly good goal ruled out - why should this be accepted
What until those goals are ruled out with VAR...

So they're bringing in VAR next season but the referee will not have access to a video screen, it will be for another official to rule on
Was just coming on to post this. An implementation that is even less transparent than UEFA’s and lends more to covert manipulation. It is worse than many of us were worried about, unfortunately.

It would be better for the game if the ref didn`t tell anyone the actual score of the match until the end of the game.Have no kicks offs at all if a goal is scored and lets be kept on tenterhooks until the end of the game,with the ref announcing the actual winners.

A Uefa spokesperson simply said when asked to comment: “All relevant angles were made available to the referee to take his decision last night.”

So, why did the referee only have the one angle to make the decision? Is this not a factual statement or did the referee decide not take a look at all angles available to him. Whichever way you look it something isn’t right here.

A Uefa spokesperson simply said when asked to comment: “All relevant angles were made available to the referee to take his decision last night.”

So, why did the referee only have the one angle to make the decision? Is this not a factual statement or did the referee decide not take a look at all angles available to him. Whichever way you look it something isn’t right here.
I think Peps anger at the journo yesterday when asked about the decisions makes me think he would agree with your last sentence. Something along the lines of “don’t ask me about the referee on Wednesday “.

Young kids near me literally crying with joy when Sterling scored, only to have it taken away despite the officials 'giving' the goal initially. How to alienate youngsters from the game

But games every week have goals scored and the crowd go mental only for the ref to run over to lino, have a chat and rule out the goal. It’s no different, except we now know the ref can have a chance of a second look.

Perhaps you missed in my post that he may have accepted ball and hand made contact?
My post questioned whether he was looking for arm movement to indicate deliberate handball.

I know its a strange thing to do, particularly on the City Forum, but I always try to look at things from the other persons point of view (not to necessarily agree with them) then compare it with alternatives.

I may very well come round to your opinion but not just yet if you don't mind.
The rules were changed after the nico handball to if it strikes the arm of hand it's handball,intent doesn't count in the cl since then

The rules were changed after the nico handball to if it strikes the arm of hand it's handball,intent doesn't count in the cl since then

I don't think that's true. I don't think there has been a change of guidance (and definitely no rule changes) since the knockout phases started.

They announced the rule changes for next season just after the Schalke match, which includes that you can't score off an arm (including indirectly, as in Llorente's case), amongst other things.

I don't think that's true. I don't think there has been a change of guidance (and definitely no rule changes) since the knockout phases started.

They announced the rule changes for next season just after the Schalke match, which includes that you can't score off an arm (including indirectly, as in Llorente's case), amongst other things.
I'm pretty sure they changed it as with the monitor not working they were looking stupid so came out with the rule that if it hits you it's handball,the whole handball thing is a mess,it's applied differently every week,players will just wack it at defenders to get pens,it's ridiculous

you have to question VAR next season in the premier league ??? it simply will be a joke if a game is decided by a mistake by the team VAR, like the uefa champions league game city vs spurs when clearly the edit or the clip shown to the ref was the wrong clip to spot handball ?? they knew there was a clip showing handball but held it back ???

VAR should only be used for clear and obvious mistakes by the referee/officials when its a mile offside or in or outside the box, and if your a referee or linesman that can not see clearly enough when the game is playing live then you should not be in the game, cheating is what we all seen in the champions league game and clear and obvious mistakes was made by uefa and the VAR officials doing the game, so why we will trust the premier league using VAR when you see mo salah diving around getting soft pen without VAR this season

manchester city games will be the tool VAR that gets used the most and everything will be highlighted even the toss of the coin would be questioned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.