Var debate 2019/20

We have been told the ref wasnt shown the clip from behind the goal which shows a clear handball, has anyone come out and said why he wasnt shown it ?. Surely that must be investigated otherwise we might think there was cheating going on from someone in a video room somewhere

Yea but if they were to start making exceptions where do you stop? The rule is fundamentally flawed but it has to be consistent or else that just creates an even bigger farce. If Spurs scored from a player that was in an offside position and it was spared because it was just 'a toe' you'd also cry foul play so no point really.
Agree which is why it’s needs to be black and white and based on 1 fixed point in the players feet regardless of where head or knee is. Not related to game on Wednesday as Sergio clearly offside but would surely help.
Same goes for hand ball. I have no issue with touching hand in box being a foul. At least everyone will know what is given

This is pretty much my feeling.
Did it hit Llorente's arm? Yes.
Was it deliberate (as in, did he deiberately play the ball with his arm? I don't think so.
Was it enough to count as handball and to disallow the goal? Not a clue!
I think that’s why hits hand should be a foul, intentional or otherwise. The game is a simple game and so should the rules.

We have been told the ref wasnt shown the clip from behind the goal which shows a clear handball, has anyone come out and said why he wasnt shown it ?. Surely that must be investigated otherwise we might think there was cheating going on from someone in a video room somewhere

Well the corrupt Uefa has said he did have every angle to view.

I think that’s why hits hand should be a foul, intentional or otherwise. The game is a simple game and so should the rules.

To some extent. That leads to deliberately kicking the ball at the arm, which is what will happen!

The change for next season that hand contact will cause goals to be disallowed is an improvement, as long as the ref gets to see it of course.

To some extent. That leads to deliberately kicking the ball at the arm, which is what will happen!

The change for next season that hand contact will cause goals to be disallowed is an improvement, as long as the ref gets to see it of course.
Suppose, difficult. Not sure how you get consistency. Decisions being explained as in rugby may be a step, and knowing who the var officials are

Suppose, difficult. Not sure how you get consistency. Decisions being explained as in rugby may be a step, and knowing who the var officials are

Explaining things audibly could help, but I don't see it adding much beyond "handball, goal disallowed" which would be obvious anyway, and also gets put up on the screen.

VAR officials are all named before the match.

Nice to see whar some of us have been saying for years now about VAR and manipulation is getting some recognition. We got pilloried and told we were dinosaurs. The not showing the correct angle is all the proof you need even though it was shown on TV before it even went to VAR then somehow disappeared...
Shame we getting a right royal fcking by the establishment. Just wait for the transfer ban announcement in the few days it becomes too late to appeal....

He WAS shown it...he just didn’t look at it!

He had a split screen and CHOSE to concentrate on the left side of the split screen, which was the front view. After tracing the flight of the ball about 10 times on the front view, the SIDE VIEW, which was on the right side of the screen, was REMOVED and the front view took the full screen! The ref just shrugged his shoulders and gave the goal!

THAT was the part I couldn’t believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.