Var debate 2019/20

I’m not sure what the debate is. He shouldn’t have had his arm up. Ball hit it. Penalty.

The current rules say handball has to be deliberate. Next year maybe it's a penalty but I struggle to believe that after 24 seconds of a game with Mane hitting a pretty nothing ball going to nobody that Sissoko decided to chest the ball onto his arm. Same with the PSG penalty in the United game where the ball was travelling at 70mph and going 40 yards wide.

I was pro VAR but with each passing game i change my mind,the handball rule change is going to kill the prem next season,it'll be one long kicking the ball at the defender to get a pen,no beautiful football except us
We have been done over twice in the CL,this tells me that VAR can be used to manipulate the games,i'm out for now

The current rules say handball has to be deliberate. Next year maybe it's a penalty but I struggle to believe that after 24 seconds of a game with Mane hitting a pretty nothing ball going to nobody that Sissoko decided to chest the ball onto his arm. Same with the PSG penalty in the United game where the ball was travelling at 70mph and going 40 yards wide.
VAR is meant to correct obvious errors. You could say the decision was harsh but not wrong. I would assume if the ref hadn't given it VAR wouldn't have overturned it.

This UEFA interpretation of handball is a fuckin joke. That's 4 penalties this season given when clearly player had no intention of deliberately handballing. Shalke v City, Scum v Paris, City v Spuds, Dippers v Spuds. Not one of these is a deliberate handball. UEFA yet again a fuckin joke. These brain dead morons shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the game of football. Rant over

VAR is meant to correct obvious errors. You could say the decision was harsh but not wrong. I would assume if the ref hadn't given it VAR wouldn't have overturned it.

I think it was a clear and obvious error. The ball was whacked against his chest. No way did he deliberately handball it.

I can’t profess to say I understand the handball rule anymore. That’s hit a player in the armpit from close range. Quite how Walton can sit there and say that’s a definite pen. It’s totally subjective- you could argue it either way and it’s a ridiculous situation that the laws of the game have become so unclear and open to interpretation.

Not been ‘deliberate’ all season in Europe.

I was pro VAR but with each passing game i change my mind,the handball rule change is going to kill the prem next season,it'll be one long kicking the ball at the defender to get a pen,no beautiful football except us
We have been done over twice in the CL,this tells me that VAR can be used to manipulate the games,i'm out for now
We also got one go for us remember. We just didn’t score it.

Also this had fuck all to do with VAR, ref was two yards away and gave it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.