Var debate 2019/20

I'll refine what I said. They claim there are 3 cameras covering all points at all times. This is so if a player is obscured, they have two options to show a better angle.

We were shown one angle, I was querying why we weren't shown the other two? Hopefully this clarifies my post.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, as it was a demo maybe they didn't think they needed to show it, just say it.

Adding a line of tolerance would be exactly the same in my opinion. It just moves the “offside line” from in line with the defenders toe to a couple of inches away from the defenders toe.
No matter where you draw a line, you are still either onside or offside.

The whole concept of var worries me, goal line technology worked as its defined and clear and its an absolute end to play.
Retrospective reviews of fouls for red cards missed by referees, sure - help them out for they can’t see everything.
But when its a linesman’s job to run the line and officiate the line, let him do it. Train him up if hes shit. Don’t microanalyse every decision he makes and flag an error when even when you freeze the screen you can’t definitively say if its offside or not.

It ruins the spectacle. Before, it was a quick glance at the lino, did he give it? Nope, goal!
Now, lets cheer the possible goal, wait 90 seconds and then be told whether we’re allowed to celebrate again.

For those of us of a certain age,(and younger fans as well to a degree) the game as we know it, is finished ,whilst VAR is coming into play,which looks like forever now.

The excitement of going mental when we score is gonna be gone,and it hurts even more when you are in the ground watching it,for it to be disallowed.

I'm thankful I have been able to witness us winning almost everything that can be won in the game now,the exception being the corrupt European Competition,but if this carries on every week with this VAR shit,I'm done with it at end of this season.

Goal line technology is a good idea,but all this other shit,nah,not interested,and I never expected to be saying this after just one game played.

The clowns running this var are the same clowns who officiate the games,and have made mistakes for umpteen years and seasons,so nothing will change,no matter how many dodgy lines they show on screen to prove they are right.

Utter bullshit the lot of it,and the need to worry is now upon us.

For those of us of a certain age,(and younger fans as well to a degree) the game as we know it, is finished ,whilst VAR is coming into play,which looks like forever now.

The excitement of going mental when we score is gonna be gone,and it hurts even more when you are in the ground watching it,for it to be disallowed.

I'm thankful I have been able to witness us winning almost everything that can be won in the game now,the exception being the corrupt European Competition,but if this carries on every week with this VAR shit,I'm done with it at end of this season.

Goal line technology is a good idea,but all this other shit,nah,not interested,and I never expected to be saying this after just one game played.

The clowns running this var are the same clowns who officiate the games,and have made mistakes for umpteen years and seasons,so nothing will change,no matter how many dodgy lines they show on screen to prove they are right.

Utter bullshit the lot of it,and the need to worry is now upon us.

Just celebrate the fucking goals anyway and if it comes back to bite us, then so be it. If it gets upheld in our favour then you get to celebrate the same goal twice.

Personally, I'm in favour of VAR but only if it's implemented correctly and there are no grey areas. I fully get the arguments about disrupting play though, etc, and the confusion it causes for fans, but as someone who feels we weren't always getting a fair shake from refs - whether that be deliberate or otherwise - I think over time it will help us rather than hinder us. That Llorente handball still winds me up to fuck though!

It shows more people want to talk about the rules rather than the football.
With City, that is likely to be the case regardless, as it fits the general media narrative and opposition supporters desire to find anything and everything to undermine our success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.