Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. caseball

caseball

It's looking pretty much the same. It will only change if the media go on the attack. They show no signs of wanting to do that.

2. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Given Alan (Leeds) comments on Swarbrick's comments, I am now trying to visualise what rates as a clear and obvious error.

3. rnblade

rnblade

They have already made their minds up who they want this year as their ‘darlings’.
    There won’t be anything like the scrutiny we have. You all know who we mean. If it has to be won by ‘massaging the game’ is it really worth it??
    We are our own worst enemy at the moment. If we had put away the sitters we had created, we probably wouldn’t even be talking about this.

4. ctid1894

ctid1894

The footage was recorded during MNF, Wolves vs United. I presume anyway, that’s when Neville highlighted Oliver looking away from the Rodri incident.

5. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I can see Guardiola using that to focus the players minds. Aguero will be sharper now he's playing, and if they're all annoyed, then Bournemouth this weekend could get messy.

rnblade likes this.
  6. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Cheers. So just stuff that was on screen then? Fair enough.

ctid1894 likes this.
  7. bewildered

bewildered

I think you might be right about this. The players are not stupi and they'll be pretty annoyed with themselves for not not burying the spuds. I also think that Sergio might feel he's got a bit to prove having been pretty sluggish for parts of the game. I also think Pep knows the score with all this... medium term I think it might cause him to move on from City before we would like but short term I reckon he'll be getting into the players heads with the idea that we have to be merciless and get clear daylight in every game as we are likely to get fucked over at any opportunity.

Its as clear as day, we know it, they know it. Vinny said as much at the end of last season. Pep has said similar since.

8. homerdog

homerdog

Exactly, the clear signal from Oliver was that he hadn't seen anything and he hadn't been alerted to anything either. I wish the club would call out the clear contradiction from Swarbrick (who was a shit ref, BTW!).

ctid1894 and MadchesterCity like this.
  9. blueinsa

blueinsa

Still refusing to show incidents under review unlike every other sport as they "have to protect officials".

Protect them form what exactly?

Do they have so little faith in their abilities?

Or is it a case of protecting them from any scrutiny and allowing them to come to any decision they want?

10. Bozzie

Bozzie

Weird coincidence that the only three people (seemingly in the entire universe) who didn't think that was a penalty on Saturday are Michael Oliver (Match Official), Graham Scott (VAR Assistant) and Neil Swarbrick (Head of VAR). I've not seen or heard anyone else, regardless of club bias, say it wasn't nailed on.