Var debate 2019/20

The way they’ve interpreted ‘clear and obvious’, I can’t think of many situations that could occur where they would over rule the ref if they continue (not) utilising it like they are at present.

And how, when not making a decision factually, can you get a consistent decision from all the VAR refs. It’s going to be carnage this season.

for me its not a goal as I certainly wouldnt want to go out ever again to a goal like Lorrentes last season vs Spurs.

The problem is that we still could; VAR was in place, but the cheats operating it decided not to show the handball to the referee!

I’m not sure how anyone can still ask this question two weeks into the season.

Every goal is checked, at that point, the clear and obvious threshold doesn’t need to be met. That’s been in the rules since before the season.

I’m not saying I agree with it, just explaining why the two are different.

Nowhere in the rules does it say this.

Video match officials

A video assistant referee (VAR) is a match official who may assist the referee to make a decision using replay footage only for a 'clear and obvious error' or 'serious missed incident' relating to a goal/no goal, penalty/no penalty, direct red card (not a second caution) or a case of mistaken identity when the referee cautions or sends off the wrong player of the offending team

An assistant video assistant referee (AVAR) is a match official who helps the VAR primarily by:

• watching the television footage while the VAR is busy with a 'check' or a 'review'
  • keeping a record of VAR-related incidents and any communication or technology problems
  • assisting the VAR's communication with the referee, especially communicating with the referee when the VAR is undertaking a 'check'/'review' e.g. to tell the referee to 'stop play' or 'delay the restart' etc.
  • recording time 'lost' when play is delayed for a 'check' or a 'review'
  • communicating information about a VAR-related decision to relevant parties
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the official rules on VAR straight from the FA website.

Link here :- http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...tball-11-11/law-6---the-other-match-officials

Please note that the very first sentence specifically states ‘clear and obvious’ and ‘serious missed incident’.

Video match officials

A video assistant referee (VAR) is a match official who may assist the referee to make a decision using replay footage only for a 'clear and obvious error' or 'serious missed incident' relating to a goal/no goal, penalty/no penalty, direct red card (not a second caution) or a case of mistaken identity when the referee cautions or sends off the wrong player of the offending team

An assistant video assistant referee (AVAR) is a match official who helps the VAR primarily by:

• watching the television footage while the VAR is busy with a 'check' or a 'review'
  • keeping a record of VAR-related incidents and any communication or technology problems
  • assisting the VAR's communication with the referee, especially communicating with the referee when the VAR is undertaking a 'check'/'review' e.g. to tell the referee to 'stop play' or 'delay the restart' etc.
  • recording time 'lost' when play is delayed for a 'check' or a 'review'
  • communicating information about a VAR-related decision to relevant parties
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the official rules on VAR straight from the FA website.

Link here :- http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...tball-11-11/law-6---the-other-match-officials

Please note that the very first sentence specifically states ‘clear and obvious’ and ‘serious missed incident’.
So fifteen minutes after reviewing every camera angle imaginable last week they finally found the ‘clear and obvious’ error so they could cheat us out of a winning goal.

Apologies, please read the above. Looks like they can look as closely as they like under ‘certain’ circumstances.
No worries and for anyone that can’t be bothered clicking the PL link:

“All goals scored in the Premier League will automatically be checked by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR).

They will check for any infringements by the attacking team in the attacking possession phase that led to the goal.”

“Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test. ”

Although on reading that, I’m not sure Laporte’s “handball” fits that criteria? Or maybe it does with the new handball rule. Either way it’s shite.

“All goals scored in the Premier League will automatically be checked by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR).

They will check for any infringements by the attacking team in the attacking possession phase that led to the goal.”

“Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test. ”

Although on reading that, I’m not sure Laporte’s “handball” fits that criteria? Or maybe it does with the new handball rule. Either way it’s shite.

That is a PL change as the rules don’t actually say that.

West Ham just awarded a penalty VAR checks it ? Im confused thought they wouldn't overrule the refs decision on a pen ( like last week with with us) not sure if the ref awarded it and they checked it or he didn't and VAR awarded it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.