Var debate 2019/20

It didn't break the law.
It quite obviously fucking did in their opinion because they awarded Spurs a free kick.

I’m not entirely sure what good me arguing with you is going to do if you don’t understand what an infringement is in football to be honest. I doubt I’m going to be able to enlighten you to a great deal.

They were quite obviously fucking wrong.
In your opinion but not theirs and they’re the ones making the decisions.

Either way, I’ve quoted their rules on what’s checked and when. Whether we agree with the rules or not is immaterial, they’re the rules as to what is checked and when.

And it’s quite obvious that a handball is considered an infringement so you were barking up the wrong tree with that line of thought.

Having watched a number of premier league games this season there seems to be a real issue with V.A.R.

When we score a goal it is scrutinised to the absolute letter of the law.

The other premier league games I've watched flow seamlessly; where the goalscorer is left to celebrate with abandon and with no intervention from the pedantic faceless referees.

I'm starting to think V.A.R. might have a bigger say on the outcome of this season's champions than is healthy.

V.A.R. = Vacantly Assessing (our) Rivals

In your opinion but not theirs and they’re the ones making the decisions.

Either way, I’ve quoted their rules on what’s checked and when. Whether we agree with the rules or not is immaterial, they’re the rules as to what is checked and when.

And it’s quite obvious that a handball is considered an infringement so you were barking up the wrong tree with that line of thought.

It's not my opinion, it's in their rules. They just invented the infringement. If you park near double yellow lines but not on them, you shouldn't get a ticket.

It's not my opinion, it's in their rules. They just invented the infringement. If you park near double yellow lines but not on them, you shouldn't get a ticket.
Which infringement did they invent?

How have they not followed their rules?

Having watched a number of premier league games this season there seems to be a real issue with V.A.R.

When we score a goal it is scrutinised to the absolute letter of the law.

The other premier league games I've watched flow seamlessly; where the goalscorer is left to celebrate with abandon and with no intervention from the pedantic faceless referees.

I'm starting to think V.A.R. might have a bigger say on the outcome of this season's champions than is healthy.

V.A.R. = Vacantly Assessing (our) Rivals
I thought we did celebrate with abandon, that was the problem. As far as other clubs, the VAR review at Wolves was a bit of a passion killer

There’s been a couple today that haven’t gone in the favour of other teams too that were pretty obvious to me.

Just for the sake of balance...

Which infringement did they invent?

How have they not followed their rules?

Factual decisions, such as offside or if a foul was committed inside or outside the penalty area, will not be subject to the "clear and obvious error" test.

This. Doesn’t actually say this in their or the International rules just on PL web page. It is their interpretation of how the rule shall be used.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.