Var debate 2019/20

We do this every year though, 2 seasons ago any defender holding at corners will be penalty, it lasted 3 weeks (until just we were punished), they realised there would be 20 penalties per game, so they "adapted", and that is what VAR will do "adapt", the more criticism the more lines will fudge, personally I think that is a sensible approach.
sterling.jpg

We are the Guinea pigs it seems

Why are the main money men/TV rights (Sky) not calling VAR out?
As the main backers of the Premier League, you’d think they would be questioning the integrity of the PGMOL!
Why have they chosen to differ from VAR used by all other football associations?
Why have they added their own twist on how VAR should be used?
Why is the VAR for all games together in the same room?
Why is the head of the PGMOL overseeing the operation of VAR?
Isn’t VAR supposed to be 3 officials, in a room on their own, without any outside influence/interference?

If it was my Company that was paying for the TV rights, I’d be screaming foul play from the rooftops!

Having a huge investment in the product they are never going to do anything to damage it Andy Grey and Richard Keys were too out spoken so, they got rid just listen to them now on Bein Tv

Last edited:
We should have scored 5 against spurs, and not conceded 2 stupid ones either, so it would have been irrelevant. I was far more annoyed by that, than VAR.
Unfortunately for me (but fortunately for my cardiologist), I have the capacity to be equally annoyed by both our profligacy in that match and the current moronic implementation of VAR.

That’s a complete non-sequitur.

There’s a huge difference between half-seeing something in real time in front of the Kop with 54,000 scousers screaming at you and sitting in a portacabin down south surrounded by monitors and having time to look at six different angle to see if there was contact or if wind knocked the cheating red cûnt over.

So I’m not blind of anything, your cognitive skills simply remain lacking. And it seems you’d prefer the old system where we see the traditional elite benefit (11 offside goals by Liverpool last season) rather than want them to actually make a working and fair VAR rather than the shite being served up, which I find odd. The Europeans have managed to get it right so it’s not outside the realms of possibility that the ‘Best League in the World’ could get there. As another poster said, rugby worked through several incarnations of VAR before they got it right.

What are you after? What’s end game for you? No VAR and we just get screwed by the onfield refs forever more? I’d prefer that to the current VAR probably. But I’m not sure we should settle for that.
You cherry pick sections of posts more than VAR cherry picks decisions. It’s like you’re desperate to avoid certain topics of conversation that involves you being shown up as purposefully deceptive. It reminds me of the Head of VAR, I wonder if we’ll ever see you both in the same room.

Pep be telling the players fcuk Var we got to score 3/4 goals a game end of.
To be fair mate that’s most likely what’s gonna be needed to rule VAR out of the equation each game.i’ll stick my neck out here,if it continues as it is we will see one of our games on a knife edge maybe 1-1 or 0-0 I’ll predict we’ll have a goal ruled out say 85 min mark then another in injury time..

You cherry pick sections of posts more than VAR cherry picks decisions. It’s like you’re desperate to avoid certain topics of conversation that involves you being shown up as purposefully deceptive. It reminds me of the Head of VAR, I wonder if we’ll ever see you both in the same room.
Would it help if I just said ‘you win’ so I can be free of this tiresome back and forth with you.

There was nothing remotely controversial in my previous post to you which you’ve totally ignored and thus you’ve completely gone off topic to have another pop at me.

Have a good evening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.