Var debate 2019/20

Only solution, get some foreign referees in for a few premier league games, no bias or objectives, they can't do any worse than the refs we have already.

Course you can. As was pointed out by several people yesterday, there have been lots of times when new directives implemented in the first few weeks of a season have been quietly dropped.

Why would you cut off your nose to spite your face? Next time we aren’t given a penalty and var can’t overrule the ref, are you going to feel better? Surely we only want to receive the decisions we deserve going forward. Yet you’d want to deny us that?

Makes zero sense.

Ps, the bar has fuck all to do with handball so of course they wouldn’t give us two extra points. They aren’t talking about changing their interpretation of the handball rule.

But other than that, great post.
Wasn't talking about the handball though was I?

I think one of the key points is the top refs are on the pitch, the VAR refs are second or third level so probably don’t want to upset the apple cart. It seems that bar is being used to disallow goals whenever but not correct bad decisions in the attackers favour.

I think with car the offside rule should be feet only as strikers naturally lean forward to look across the line which is putting them offside.

The celebration issue ruling out loads of goals will eventually stop some supporters going to games
I've maintained a long time that offside should be judged by your feet, that is your absolute position on the field and very easy to measure.
the current rule has too many variables. leaning and body parts, wtf?
as it is, it could happen that both defender and attacker could be leaning on the same angle and the attacker could be offside because he is taller! dumb.

Wasn't talking about the handball though was I?
We dropped two points due to the handball. The penalty was at 1-1 wasn’t it? We scored again after, the whole match changes.

Either way, do you not agree with the rest of my post? Why fuck ourselves for the rest of the season by ensuring we keep missing out on penalties?

So to be clear.
1. PGMOL has changed the rules for PL games.
2. As far as I am aware the FA has not, so different rules are applied to all other matches, including the Carabou Cup.
3. Different rules apply to European competitions where normally VAR will be in place with pitchside reviews for referees.
4. In International games, rules will apply as per 3.

The question is why the different rules/laws and a different process by PGMOL?

So to be clear.
1. PGMOL has changed the rules for PL games.
2. As far as I am aware the FA has not, so different rules are applied to all other matches, including the Carabou Cup.
3. Different rules apply to European competitions where normally VAR will be in place with pitchside reviews for referees.
4. In International games, rules will apply as per 3.

The question is why the different rules/laws and a different process by PGMOL?
Because they are cûnts

2. I don’t agree entirely with the concept of the VAR officials overruling the match ref, especially on 50/50 calls. The problem at the moment is the high bar threshold. The same basic approach works perfectly well in rugby league, the ref makes his call and the video ref only overrules if there’s clear evidence it’s wrong. The difference is that rugby league video refs apply that principle using common sense.

4. 13cm + is too big a margin of error for the vast majority of offside calls. If linemen had been keeping their flags down for offsides of that magnitude there would have been riots. 5 cm is enough

5. Nobody would ever be proven to have dived if those penalties were in place. The inevitable legal challenge would result in the courts throwing it out

6. See 5
2. As long as the VAR process ensures “correct” decisions are made I’d be happy with whatever works best. If we have transparency in the communication between the on field officials and VAR officials that’ll eradicate a lot of the fans frustrations.

4. Reducing the margin of error to 5cm would mean some goals would be “incorrectly” ruled out. Football is an entertainment business and fans want goals, so that doesn’t make sense to me. We would also get some goals “incorrectly” awarded but as long as everyone knows the process and understands the reasons why I think fans would be happier seeing more goals.

5 & 6. Fair enough, I suppose you can’t make them forfeit wages but clubs could fine players (good PR to be seen promoting fair play) and donate it to charity to avoid the legal battles. Not sure how it would work for officials but a similar PR related donation system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.