Var debate 2019/20

The laws of the game straight from the IFAB site:

It is an offence if a player

gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then

scores in the opponents' goal

creates a goal scoring opportunity

scores in the opponents' goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

The VAR officials don't know the rules they are supposed to be administrating. And not one official or pundit has pointed it out. Laporte did not gain possession or control of the ball. It randomly bounced off him. According to the laws above he did not therefore commit a foul. Jesus' goal should have stood even under the new rules.

I'd like to see football fans - Wolves had a goal chalked off that probably should have stood and it will happen again - make a stink about this. The officials in charge of the game don't know what they are doing.
Martin Samuel pointed this out to be fair. You’re point is totally correct though. After the game I was pissed off with the non penalty on Rodders but thought fair enough with the handball (this was because I didn’t know the actual law). Having researched it like you I can now see we were robbed.

It shouldn’t even take that long in most cases. The Silva one is so blatantly clear and obvious, one replay confirmed it was a foul within about 10-15 seconds of the original incident. VAR should be telling the referee the defender stood on Silva’s foot and a penalty should have been awarded, that could and should have been the process completed within 30 seconds and the play stopped immediately, even if that’s before the ball went out of play.

Of course some decisions will take longer but the vast majority should be done and dusted within 20-30 seconds.
Even Peter Walton said the Silva foul was a clear penalty. What is the point of VAR if it can't get the right decision? It seems to have been set up just to slavishly support referees whatever the outcome.

You fucking can't change it half way through the season! Are they going to give us 2 points for the Spurs pen retrospectively if they lower the bar??? Are they fuck the cheating twats!!!
Course you can. As was pointed out by several people yesterday, there have been lots of times when new directives implemented in the first few weeks of a season have been quietly dropped.

Why would you cut off your nose to spite your face? Next time we aren’t given a penalty and var can’t overrule the ref, are you going to feel better? Surely we only want to receive the decisions we deserve going forward. Yet you’d want to deny us that?

Makes zero sense.

Ps, the bar has fuck all to do with handball so of course they wouldn’t give us two extra points. They aren’t talking about changing their interpretation of the handball rule.

But other than that, great post.

Even Peter Walton said the Silva foul was a clear penalty. What is the point of VAR if it can't get the right decision? It seems to have been set up just to slavishly support referees whatever the outcome.
Hence it being good news they may fuck off with this stupidly “high bar” bollocks.

Martin Samuel pointed this out to be fair. You’re point is totally correct though. After the game I was pissed off with the non penalty on Rodders but thought fair enough with the handball (this was because I didn’t know the actual law). Having researched it like you I can now see we were robbed.

martin samuel pointed this out after about 40 people on here had done the same thing

martin samuel pointed this out after about 40 people on here had done the same thing
Are you suggesting Martin Samuel comes on here for his sources/ material? Is he a member? If so, what’s his username?

PS Martin, if you’re reading this, keep up the good fight. You’re one of only a few journalists I respect.

From today’s Mail:

“Riley insists he is prepared to listen to the feedback, however, and lower the bar during the course of the season if that is what the clubs demand.”

This during a piece saying that club’s are encouraged to give feedback. I’d imagine City are certainly doing that right now.

Having said that, it’s good that they may start using common sense, especially on obvious calls like Silva’s non penalty.
That's nice of him,they have taken 100's of years of football and screwed it right up with their ridiculous threshold,football has survived very well for a long time with it's common sense rules,they only needed to correct bad decisions and what they wanted to change with players scoring with their hands,the mission creep has been staggering,i hope we are kicking their fucking doors down
Funy how kane moaning about not getting a pen and they are prepared to look at it,no matter about the pesky foreigners

That's nice of him,they have taken 100's of years of football and screwed it right up with their ridiculous threshold,football has survived very well for a long time with it's common sense rules,they only needed to correct bad decisions and what they wanted to change with players scoring with their hands,the mission creep has been staggering,i hope we are kicking their fucking doors down
Funy how kane moaning about not getting a pen and they are prepared to look at it,no matter about the pesky foreigners
Kane’s also saying that they’re not out of the title race despite gaining 15 points from their last 15 games. The gormless lisping tit should wind his neck back in. That’s if he’s managed to find his way out of Otamendi’s pocket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.