Var debate 2019/20

Why do you want to ‘join the cartel’? That’d be the ultimate sell out and I hope we never do and that we’re always viewed as the bad boys...
Eh? I don’t know how you’ve read my post to come to that conclusion. I couldn’t think of anything worse, I’d rather go back to the old third division.

Just seen the Leicester lads tackle and how the fuck can VAR say no red and the ref got it right?

How?

It’s the refs. Every year for the past decade they start the season confused and abysmal.

Whether it’s the refs on the pitch, around the pitch, in the var booth, in the Pigmol offices, on the media afterwards, even in retirement. As a nation sport everyone across the country should be ashamed of their continued incompetence.

Ultra fans from each club should band together and rather than waste time on vlogs, go kidnap a load of rugby referees and officials in the dead of night and switch them. Night of the rusty whistle. Make a great film.

VAR is wank

How is that not a penalty in VAR on the West Ham forward !

They are actually starting to look ridiculous !
The bar is set that you have to be decapitated to have a decision over turned !

Bunch of C***TS

That ref Friend should be suspended from any games for a few months and from key matches for a few years.

In my job mistakes from anyone are largely forgiven. Obviously there are limits. And it’s awful for someone suffering consequences after a genuine bad call but refereeing at this moment in time needs to be this cruel.

Is anyone gathering the data on their performances? If so surely it’s getting worse. Their incompetence is papered over by the footballing machine and fans feel powerless to fix it.

Could var be the straw that brakes the back as far as fans and more importantly clubs are concerned?

That ref Friend should be suspended from any games for a few months and from key matches for a few years.

In my job mistakes from anyone are largely forgiven. Obviously there are limits. And it’s awful for someone suffering consequences after a genuine bad call but refereeing at this moment in time needs to be this cruel.

Is anyone gathering the data on their performances? If so surely it’s getting worse. Their incompetence is papered over by the footballing machine and fans feel powerless to fix it.

Could var be the straw that brakes the back as far as fans and more importantly clubs are concerned?

Totally agree if VAR is here

Refs need dropping , or being fined for being totally fuxking useless

It’s about time the referees actually looked professional and fit

They look 30lbs over weight , they aren’t fit enough , and more importantly they think they are untouchable

That Aston Villa decision was disgusting !

He should be made to watch it and give his view on it after !

And today was all the evidence you need to see how VAR is being used selectively.
The Toon goal was exactly the same as the Laporte handball, yet this wasn’t scrutinised to the Nth degree to find a way to disallow it.
Funny that eh?? If you believe the idiots controlling VAR will do anything except to try and fcuk us over at every chance, then you’re very blinkered.
I was waiting for Bernardo’s goal to be ruled offside today, that’s how bad it’s getting.
Perhaps it is a matter of resources. The televised games are usually played when no one else is playing so the VAR people can put a good number of people on it. There are lots of games that kick off at three so they may have fewer people reviewing them. I don't know how it works but it could be that simple.

On penalties given/not given, it does seem that they are at least being consistent in not over turning anything given/not given.

On VAR itself, it seems its more there for live TV games, than for the 3pm KO's, it doesn't appear to have been "checked" at all in our game, when there were certainly opportunities to do so.

On referees in general, Moss was useless as usual, but Friend, Tierney, and others were all just as useless for other teams too, we've always had poor referees, but this current bunch seem the worst in years, even Uriah might look competent amongst this lot.

Anybody worked out how disallowing that villa goal was designed to screw us over yet?

Everybody continues to wrongly blame var when var is working absolutely fine and is merely highlighting the complete ineptitude of the refs in this country.

Don't be deliberately awkward. When people refer to VAR they mean the idiots watching and using it. VAR itself cannot cope with tight offside decisions so it should not be used bt PIGMOL are the ones everyone is talking about when they say VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.