Var debate 2019/20

That's not even the argument, If Var wanted to help Liverpool out they had every opportunity right there and then, and no one would of questioned it.

Even the Mane one they could of allowed it and said fuck it were going all out to help the scousers.

It's as if folk can't come to terms with Var not overruling that decision as its completely knocked their theory on it's only here to benefit Liverpool

I even think some would of wanted it disallowed just to prove a point.
Fair enough. Personally I’ve never seen it as being here purely to help the scousers, more just to fuck us over more often than not, and if that has the consequence of helping the scousers then that’s how it rolls.

My opinion is still that it’d have been an absolute disgrace if the United goal had been disallowed. Atkinson was no more than 10 yards from the incident, with an uninterrupted view, and consequently doesn’t need a video ref to decide whether that was a foul or not, otherwise we may as well have var offering comment on every single incident.

My sentiments when it was first mooted, always been against it especially after watching it in Serie A where I think it was first implemented.

I want VAR implemented the way rugby union implements it. I will swallow any shit that comes my way after I have heard WTF they are checking, why they are checking and I can see exactly the same bit of celluloid they are scrutinising! The fiasco at Haringey on Saturday when they clearly pressed the wrong button and indicated no goal and then changed it just shows they are don't know what they're doin'!

That's not even the argument, If Var wanted to help Liverpool out they had every opportunity right there and then, and no one would of questioned it.

Even the Mane one they could of allowed it and said fuck it were going all out to help the scousers.

It's as if folk can't come to terms with Var not overruling that decision as its completely knocked their theory on it's only here to benefit Liverpool

I even think some would of wanted it disallowed just to prove a point.
Against any other team the VAR decisions could have been different. I’m not paranoid but it’s obvious, why did the VAR officials go back 12 seconds to find an offside decision against Chelsea when they were playing the Dippers? I’ve not seen it in any other game.

But on Saturday the decisions were correct and they actually got a penalty that was very dubious. As for the previous one they got chalked off it did hit Boly’s arm.

Ali’s on Saturday has now put the cat amongst the pigeons, his control of the ball using his arm was far easier to spot and review by VAR than either Jesus v the Spuds and Boly’s. However for some bizarre reason it was allowed to stand, even Ali said he thought it wouldn’t be allowed but when Phil Neville and Chris Hughton analyse the play and come to the conclusion the goal was valid you know there there is a big problem.
You're kidding yourself if you think the decisions on Saturday were correct:KDB was a penalty. Deulofeu was a pen. Alli was handball. Seemed every game was marred by VAR controversy.

I watched the rugby on Saturday and during a review you hear exactly what they are saying to each other and that has to happen with football. It gives it integrity and accountability and if these people are looking at decisions like the Watford penalty on Saturday and genuinely saying that wasn’t a foul, it clearly proves they are totally incompetent.

Agree entirely, Just a shame they couldn't actually see that the pass that Wales actually scored the winning try from was slightly forward. Even tho, it is still much better in its implementation that in the PL, its still not fool proof.

You're kidding yourself if you think the decisions on Saturday were correct:KDB was a penalty. Deulofeu was a pen. Alli was handball. Seemed every game was marred by VAR controversy.
I was referring to the “Wolves” got fucked over by VAR post not Saturdays general VAR decisions, I agree with all three of your assessments.

And chuck in the Burnley goal being disallowed by VAR which was clearly wrong.

Agree entirely, Just a shame they couldn't actually see that the pass that Wales actually scored the winning try from was slightly forward. Even tho, it is still much better in its implementation that in the PL, its still not fool proof.
There will always be controversial decisions even with VAR, but so far this season I’d say there have just been a load of utterly unexplainable decisions. I’d love to hear the conversation that the ref and the VAR person had when discussing that Watford pen. Did he really say that it wasn’t a foul? If he did, he should be outed and sacked. They get to hide behind the silence of it all and hence ‘VAR’ becomes the problem and not the people sitting behind it.

I was referring to the “Wolves” got fucked over by VAR post not Saturdays general VAR decisions, I agree with all three of your assessments.

And chuck in the Burnley goal being disallowed by VAR which was clearly wrong.
That's the one I don't get, if that was chalked off then utds should have been as well, dyche must be foaming at the mouth. As for kdb, that is a foul anywhere else on the pitch, as clear as day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.