Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. Tommy_Catons_Perm

Tommy_Catons_Perm

This is good idea. It would give a much more accurate measure of how many decisions the referees on the pitch get correct. I doubt it be 100% !!!! In in its present form VAR always agrees with the ref (aside from when VAR disallows goals?) This does not prove the referees are 100% correct. It just proves that refs say yes or that one equals one!

Surely Mike Riley realises we don't believe the referees are perfect. By continuing with this fiasco he is making himself look stupid.

bluemc1 likes this.
  2. deafmanstevo

deafmanstevo

50 % of people thought it was a foul for the utd goal 50% thought it wasn't, and there is the problem . On here its split . Me and my Dad thought it was a foul and shouldn't have been allowed, my son thought it wasn't a foul so even in families its split.
    You might as well just hsve referees for all it's worth.

On the plus side been taking the piss out of my scouse mates all day. ( went to school on Merseyside but live here now )

3. crazyg

crazyg

As long as the brown envelopes keep coming in, he won't give a shit.

4. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

Not sure what your talking about, under VAR's own criteria it says it will get involved in all goals to check if there's an offside/fouls/handball/etc....

5. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

Hey don't get me wrong, im chuffed they cocked it up. But can still say its poor when it is...

6. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

Apologies, missed that part... I am a loon tho, thanks for noticing...

Rammy Blue likes this.
  7. tommo74

tommo74

Nail on head result may stay the same, no one can predict how it may or may not have gone, so why try? My original point was no var Liverpool in my opinion win the game, but it seems on here no matter what my opinion is people will jump on it, but they are wasting their time with their little digs,as I will still voice my opinion, if it is not met with opinion on here by the elite football tacticians then so be it

8. karen7

karen7

Yep but not fouls so far away when there is plenty of time to stop them getting near the goal,they have drawn a line,they haven't told any of us where it is though but from watching it's a long way back and it's up to the ref to decide if it's a foul or not that far back, think that is the right thing to do,we are too reliant on var as it is

9. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

10. karen7

karen7

You don't half bleat on,have an opinion and stick to it,you know why you stand out