Var debate 2019/20

I get the idea but there is no way they would go for that imo and it sounds time consuming and over complicated
How do we know the people monitoring the VAR footage are not themselves being monitored and instructed what to give?. Different outcomes for similar offences ie Newcastle's goal against Watford standing, ours ruled out. Last season was perfect for sky globally, scousers play first, win go top, we go next etc.viewing figures through the roof.. It will be managed to keep it nice and tight until it's decided who will be allowed to win.. We've had our turn so watch this space... I said the other night it will be harder than ever to top the pile this season..

In the end, it's about the money. And the one constant in this is that Liverpool will continue to get dubious penalties and offside goals and neither they nor Manchester United will ever, in a million years, have a goal disallowed like we did.

... confused - how does '... it's about the money', equate to favouring Liverpool and Manchester United? What am I missing? Who benefits financialy from this scenario?

@karen7 As Hot Chocolate once said darling I love you but I just cant keep on living on dreams no more....
If there was a last minute challenge by the opposition, ala Spurs, they would still rule it out. The problem is the blokes with the whistle and their mates in the caravan. They will look after each other and they will fuck over City as part of it.

... confused - how does '... it's about the money', equate to favouring Liverpool and Manchester United? What am I missing? Who benefits financialy from this scenario?
SKY benefit.. Global football subscriptions brought in from the Red supporting hordes who couldn't find Stretford or Liverpool on a map let alone visit but will pay to see them winning. No winning = subscriptions down = bad for the brand = Scudamore whinging the Premier league needs a strong rags team.. Rinse and repeat.. It's all about the money! Being the best team, having the best manager and playing the best football this country has ever seen is irrelevant. Our fan base worldwide is and will continue to grow but the faceless people who oversee the game want the money now... One tool to enable them to control this is VAR.. It's perfect.. No one is answerable and there is no recourse for the shit hand we have been and will be dealt.. I'm probably way off the mark and all is fair and even.. Probably need to take my blue specs off.. Nite all I'm off to bed!

I would love to see Paddy Power, they like to do bizarre stuff, say they are no longer going to take bets on Manchester City games due to the inconsistent and strange way VAR is being implemented in our matches.
Good idea but will never happen . City is a big fish for them now apparently.

SKY benefit.. Global football subscriptions brought in from the Red supporting hordes who couldn't find Stretford or Liverpool on a map let alone visit but will pay to see them winning. No winning = subscriptions down = bad for the brand = Scudamore whinging the Premier league needs a strong rags team.. Rinse and repeat.. It's all about the money! Being the best team, having the best manager and playing the best football this country has ever seen is irrelevant. Our fan base worldwide is and will continue to grow but the faceless people who oversee the game want the money now... One tool to enable them to control this is VAR.. It's perfect.. No one is answerable and there is no recourse for the shit hand we have been and will be dealt.. I'm probably way off the mark and all is fair and even.. Probably need to take my blue specs off.. Nite all I'm off to bed!

No. You are absolutely bang on.

... confused '.w does '... it's about the money', equate to favouring Liverpool and Manchester United? What am I missing? Who benefits financialy from this scenario?

See Bill's reply above. I suspect you aren't as confused as you pretend to be. Just in case you are that naive, check out the FFP thread too. Do some research

Interesting that despite the introduction of VAR, there has only been 9 penalties awarded compared with 14 at this stage last season. Needless to say The rags have been awarded 33% of them!

Who do you support?
Or is the clue in your user name. .i.e. your job...?
Exactlywhat is it that makes u want to dive straight into our var debate within days of joining .BM .and with no messages posted in any other thread?
I don't think your confused one bit; just on the wind-up ...not very subtle tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.