VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a fan of the way LFC have gone about things as if it's the first time VAR has ever got a decision wrong. But I do feel that it needed a club to say what they have said. PL clubs have just rolled over and accepted the PGMOL apologies and said nothing until now and the amature VAR shit show run by Webb and his predecessors have had a free ride . Liverpool are right it isn't good enough and isnt acceptable, the standard of people doing VAR are poor. Thing's need to change. I think it would be good if other clubs spoke up now as well and said decisions are often very poor and inexcusable. Then we may see an improvement and a complete change in the way things are done.
100%

We should have spoken out years ago and continue with every obviously shit decision against us. Liverpool May have done us a favour.

The original offside given by the officials was a mistake, this happens in every game as it’s impossible to see in two places at once, then the VAR have made a mistake, as I heard it they thought the goal was given and just said check complete. A bad mistake, but a mistake, I’m not having it that “sporting integrity” is called into question. If it had happened to City this would be old news now.
You know very well that statement isn't true and if something as blatant as that incorrect offside happened, there would, quite rightly, be uproar.

Somebody has to sort out this VAR issue, because it's not just happening to Liverpool, it's happening to ALL teams at some point and far, far too often. So often that I don't think it's unfair to ask, why?

VAR was adopted to assist the referee, yet with all of this technology, the game appears to have deteriorated as many have pointed out.

VAR itself is not the issue, it works well in other countries, so what is the issue here? Obviously the difference is the people operating it, so that needs to be the focus. It's a bit of a closed shop and an arrogant one at that, but it needs pressure put on it, because simply trolling out worthless apologies doesn't help sort out the problem.

In fairness, Klopp and other managers/players cannot come out and voice their opinion, because an immediate hefty fine will follow. Better it be a larger club like Liverpool challenge it than one like Forest. Whoever it is, somebody needs to, otherwise VAR decisions are going to continue to be the post match discussion, rather than the quality of any particular match.

In my opinion, VAR could be a great asset to the game, it's just the implication by those using it that is very questionable.

Something needs to be done about the standard of officiating within this country. For the so called most watched league in the world the people in charge of enforcing the rules are abysmal. When the first game of the season happened against Burnley Sky sent Neville and Carragher to PGMOLs swanky VAR centre. Lovely offices and place to go to work by looks of it, what are the people in there doing though when they are getting decisions wrong week after week? It seems to have become worse this year than any previous season and all we seem to do is talk about stuff that’s being missed every week.

The interview with Mike Dean saying how he tried to protect Taylor by not sending him to the screen because he didn’t want a game to get out of hand shows how poor this lot is. The recordings they put out a few weeks back sounded like absolute chaos with whoever shouts the loudest gives the decision. Webb needs to fall on his sword from his comfy job as he is making no improvement to standard of reffing in the country.

The match he refereed was in Sharjah which is a separate emirate and nothing to do with Abu Dhabi. You might as well stop referees going on holiday in Dubai. So the latest conspiracy theory is that we are owned by the United Arab Emirates Government not the Abu Dhabi state! Stlll never mind: "They all look the same don't they." It is just racism plain and simple. As it happens I do think it is a bad idea for match officials to work in other countries instead of having focus on their main day job. But that's a different debate.
This is the issue with all the ignorant know nowts, they seem to think that the UAE is just one huge country which is why when anything happens in Dubai, Qatar or even Saudi Arabia it's apparently our owners fault.
I don't know why he was out there but I think it's 100% irrelevant to his job or his role on the mistakes on Saturday, he may have been there as part of his role with PGMOL, that kind of thing happens in various industries all the time.
It was just a monumental fuck up which has highlighted the lack of professionalism of the VAR team. The only reason this is a big deal is because after how ever many years of VAR in England a provably wrong decision has gone against Liverpool. There weren't making statements when poor quality refereeing by the onfield and VAR officials gifted them a league title.
Soft arse pricks, I'll let them off for their tedious hypocrisy if their cult of victim hood whinging gives the league and officials the kick up the arse they need to get refereeing standards to where they should be.

You know very well that statement isn't true and if something as blatant as that incorrect offside happened, there would, quite rightly, be uproar.

Somebody has to sort out this VAR issue, because it's not just happening to Liverpool, it's happening to ALL teams at some point and far, far too often. So often that I don't think it's unfair to ask, why?

VAR was adopted to assist the referee, yet with all of this technology, the game appears to have deteriorated as many have pointed out.

VAR itself is not the issue, it works well in other countries, so what is the issue here? Obviously the difference is the people operating it, so that needs to be the focus. It's a bit of a closed shop and an arrogant one at that, but it needs pressure put on it, because simply trolling out worthless apologies doesn't help sort out the problem.

In fairness, Klopp and other managers/players cannot come out and voice their opinion, because an immediate hefty fine will follow. Better it be a larger club like Liverpool challenge it than one like Forest. Whoever it is, somebody needs to, otherwise VAR decisions are going to continue to be the post match discussion, rather than the quality of any particular match.

In my opinion, VAR could be a great asset to the game, it's just the implication by those using it that is very questionable.
I think it is completely true. How much coverage was there of the City fans’ treatment in Istanbul compared to Liverpool fans treatment in Paris. It’s like chalk and cheese.

Since VAR came in every club has complained about the decisions, it’s every week that a club has been penalised from for a red card yellow card hand ball penalty awards or lack of them. I can’t believe the story about top referees in this country being poached to work in the Middle East because we do not have any. VAR is not corrupt it’s the people operating it and until they are removed this will never change. Do other countries have the same issue or is it just here.

I cannot believe how you could post this in your obvious "ignorance" of what the UAE actually is!!!

Could I suggest you at the very minimum and simplistic research on Wiki to educate yourself! City are owned by people who live in Abu Dhabi, one of the Emirates of the seven in the federation.

Are you going to suggest any official who holidays in Dubai is also tainted? The game England officiated at was Sharjah BTW!
Or perhaps consider where Arsenal's main shirt sponsor is based

The fact Darren England was in the UAE days earlier getting paid to ref a match in the UAE is highly inappropriate. The optics are shocking. Why is the UAE flying in English refs who officiate in the PL, rather than having locals officiate?

As City fans, does this arrangement make you uncomfortable? It was clearly an error. But imagine if that decision was in your favour against Liverpool, days after the refs in question just got back from an all expenses paid trip to the UAE to earn 5k each to ref a domestic UAE match.

Do not plead ignorance. You know deep down this is dodgy and reaks. All it would take is a decision in your favour, and for it to have been the case the referee in question was in the UAE days earlier under the same deal Darren England was on - and thats it, scandal, accusations, and genuine appearance of conflict that would put another microscope on the Man City name.

Calls for Howard Webb to ban PL refs from getting paid outside their capacity as PL refs, and it has to happen.

Utter Clown

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.