VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know why don't you look it up?

It would be a really shit way to adjust the statistic anyway. You can piss around the edge of the box for minutes at a time and not get a penalty shout, and you can lump a long ball and have a guy wiped out for a stonewall penalty without touching the ball once.

Clearly these are the 3 best teams in the country since 2009, so it's not a coincidence who's top of the list, but you'd need to be a lot more intelligent about the way you try to standardise the stat and get "who deserves the most penalties"
You posted the stats to make a point but stats are often useless, that’s my point. Let’s say we spent at least twice as much time in the opposition box compared to the rags in that period, then you’d expect us to have many more penalties than them

You posted the stats to make a point but stats are often useless, that’s my point. Let’s say we spent at least twice as much time in the opposition box compared to the rags in that period, then you’d expect us to have many more penalties than them

Stats are not useless, people just misinterpret them.

For example, you have taken it upon yourself to assume I posted the stats to make a point about the quality of officiating and VAR, which is all entirely in your head.

What I posted was simply who gets the most penalties in the league.

And again, no, time in the box would be an incredibly shit way to decide who should have the most penalties for the reasons I already explained. What even is "time in the box" seconds? number of touches? number of passes in the box? It's not a thing.

What's the most common cause of penalties? handballs from crosses into a congested box? Don't need to spend time int he box to ge them. 1v1's? Don't need to be in the box for them.

Last edited:
Right everyone nothing to see here, VAR and the refs are doing fine, Domalino reminded us we have had the most penalties

No, no, please, keep peddling your conspiracies about how PGMOL and VAR are conspiring against us to keep the reds on top, and this corruption is why we're going for our....5th league title in 6 years.

No, no, please, keep peddling your conspiracies about how PGMOL and VAR are conspiring against us to keep the reds on top, and this corruption is why we're going for our....5th league title in 6 years.
We are going for our 5th title in 6 years because we are the best team in the world with the best manager in the world.

There's only one stat that counts in football

That's right. The number of penalties.

By the way, more on topic, I don't follow international football at all because it's generally crap, but have there been any VAR controversies at all in the last week and a half?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.