VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was at the match so please someone explain to me why our first goal needed to be reviewed for what, 3 minutes ? Further why was our 'second' and third reviewed? It does seem that they will try anything and everything to rule our goals out. It 8s sucking the life out of real time football.
The first goal was very tight on offside.
IMG_5063.jpeg
The Alvarez one was a subjective, was Rodri interfering with the keeper, offside call.

Not sure on the Lewis one. It was a weird deflected looped ball. Maybe if it had hit Rodri, Lewis might have been offside? I’ve not seen it back, so going on my eyes in the stadium.

View attachment 101615
The Alvarez one was a subjective, was Rodri interfering with the keeper, offside call.

Not sure on the Lewis one. It was a weird deflected looped ball. Maybe if it had hit Rodri, Lewis might have been offside? I’ve not seen it back, so going on my eyes in the stadium.
Lewis was offside on the chip through but it hit rodri so he became onside.

View attachment 101615

Only the defenders fat arse saved us there. Very tight that one.

View attachment 101615

Thanks for that but I ask, first, am I wrong it took 3 minutes ? If so that is just wrong, no wonder people have conspiracy theories. Second 3 goals, 3 Var reviews, it killing the enthusiasm of match going fans. Its fine if I was at home, I can go and make a brew whilst they fuck about but live, it's just shit.

Thanks for that but I ask, first, am I wrong it took 3 minutes ? If so that is just wrong, no wonder people have conspiracy theories. Second 3 goals, 3 Var reviews, it killing the enthusiasm of match going fans. Its fine if I was at home, I can go and make a brew whilst they fuck about but live, it's just shit.
I didn’t time it, but it did feel longer than usual, which I tend to think means it’s tight and lines are being drawn.

It’s probably slower as they’re so scared of fucking it up again.

The stadium announcer was pretty good at saying “VAR have given us the goal” or similar when Lewis’ goal stood.

We could have had the Santa dash wilst the Grealish goal was checked.

It was plain to see that the first goal was being played onside by an arse.
Even though it was tight, surely they would have drew the lines and saw that straight away.
Not sure what they were looking at inbetween drawing the lines and making a decision.
If they didn't draw the lines straight away, why not?

It was shit.

I was at the match so please someone explain to me why our first goal needed to be reviewed for what, 3 minutes ? Further why was our 'second' and third reviewed? It does seem that they will try anything and everything to rule our goals out. It 8s sucking the life out of real time football.
First one was very tight. I thought it was offside initially but " lines" showed it to be just onside.

Second Rodri in an offside position when ball came in and definitely interfered with play, unsighted keeper and Rodri made a movement that put keeper off.

Third
Lewis was initially in an off side position.
Rodro and/ or defender appeared to touch ball. When this happened, Lewis was back onside.
If the ball had gone directly to Lewis, goal would not have been allowed.

Like the penalty and the Ederson yellow, probably all decisions were correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.