VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today in the West Ham match there was an example of how ridiculous VAR can be.
Soucek took out a Wolves player with a flying arm to the head.
No yellow card for Soucek, missed by referee, but it was a red in my book but at least a yellow. VAR checked and in that instance a yellow couldn't be given retrospectively.
A few minutes later the same players involved in an almost identical incident, probably not with the same level of force.
A yellow card given by the ref.

Soucek should have been given either a red card or 2 yellows. Either way, he should have been sent off

Today in the West Ham match there was an example of how ridiculous VAR can be.
Soucek took out a Wolves player with a flying arm to the head.
No yellow card for Soucek, missed by referee, but it was a red in my book but at least a yellow. VAR checked and in that instance a yellow couldn't be given retrospectively.
A few minutes later the same players involved in an almost identical incident, probably not with the same level of force.
A yellow card given by the ref.

Soucek should have been given either a red card or 2 yellows. Either way, he should have been sent off
Don’t disagree. The referee should have at least booked him.

It was Coufal though, wasn’t it?

Just watching that programme where they speak to Webb about decisions etc. I still think that Martial one at Everton was a dive! He was certainly looking for it.

Willy Boly got a 2nd yellow

I think that’s just a dreadful decision. If you don’t know the context and who was sent off, then from the video image you might logically expect that it’s the Bournemouth player who receives the card; he doesn’t touch the ball and makes stud contact on the Forest player first. How can they go from ‘actively encouraging’ some physicality last season to giving that a red card?

I think that’s just a dreadful decision. If you don’t know the context and who was sent off, then from the video image you might logically expect that it’s the Bournemouth player who receives the card; he doesn’t touch the ball and makes stud contact on the Forest player first. How can they go from ‘actively encouraging’ some physicality last season to giving that a red card?
Up there with one of the worst decisions I've ever seen that one. Incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.