VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol the famous VAR advocate actually claiming transparency and that it is easier to manipulate results without VAR!
Ignoring all the unseen, and unappealed for decisions of off the ball tickles and the ball brushing arm hairs, crooked or non-existent lines etc etc etc . That's before we get into the institionalised bias and PL directives. Legitimised cheating and outcome manipulation in plain sight.

Probably a v nice person - but incredibly gullible and I worry that a Nigerian (or other) Prince will phone him up, or he'll meet a watch salesman on the way back from a conference.

Last edited:
the positives are the countless times and the vast majority of times VAR is used to correctly give offsides, penalty decisions, red cards etc that would otherwise never have been given. these are never mentioned as that's just expected. It would become more noticeable if we were to scrap VAR. only have to watch the odd league game without VAR to see how some appalling decisions are allowed to stand - this one in the week for instance.

however bad VAR is, I don't want to go back to a time where CLEAR dives, offsides and everything else are allowed to stand when they should not be.
Clear dives.
You only need to watch two minutes of a Premier league game to see a clear dive .
Followed by a 15 point role around.
Only to get up when nothings given

Just a question. This is the image from Dale Johnson's review of the game last night. I guess it's official as it has the dotted line on it.

1000000146.png

My question is: isn't there a big Liverpool boot all over the line drawn from Konate's shoulder?

1000000144.png

So did they choose the wrong point to judge the offside? Again? It didn't really matter as the goal was given, but 2 more inches and it could have been wrongly disallowed?

Just a question. This is the image from Dale Johnson's review of the game last night. I guess it's official as it has the dotted line on it.

View attachment 115893

My question is: isn't there a big Liverpool boot all over the line drawn from Konate's shoulder?

View attachment 115894

So did they choose the wrong point to judge the offside? Again? It didn't really matter as the goal was given, but 2 more inches and it could have been wrongly disallowed?

Bigger question is why are they allowing the goal to stand if the agenda is to keep Liverpool in the title race ?

Pre VAR , the corrupt lino would just stick his flag up right ?

How many non contact clear dives have been awarded penalty’s this season ?

Now think back pre VAR Ronaldo, Salah, Kane etc all at it

All of which could have been punished with retrospective action but weren't. Why do you think that was?

There are other ways to stop diving than introducing a system costing tens of millions of pounds.

Isn't that line sprouting from the boot indicating where the foot is keeping him onside?

View attachment 115893

View attachment 115894

You’ve better eyesight than me.

But that Everton player in the orange boots definitely looks a few inches off.

View attachment 115893

View attachment 115894

Was watching that and couldn’t believe they were going to potentially disallow if that was offside. That was about 10-15 seconds before the goal and Liverpool had 4 or 5 chances to clear it after that so how can a very marginal offside be used to disallow the goal? The game’s gone mad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.