VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I honestly think they do, or at least heavily involved in it.
Remember a few seasons back, Liverpool v Spurs at Anfield…. Late penalty shout for Spurs, but Kane appears offside, but officials not sure if VVD played the ball, meaning Kane isn’t offside. John Moss referee….
To the linesman… “What do the TV guys think, what’ve they said”? All picked up on pitch side mic.

Just a question. This is the image from Dale Johnson's review of the game last night. I guess it's official as it has the dotted line on it.

View attachment 115893

My question is: isn't there a big Liverpool boot all over the line drawn from Konate's shoulder?

View attachment 115894

So did they choose the wrong point to judge the offside? Again? It didn't really matter as the goal was given, but 2 more inches and it could have been wrongly disallowed?
He’s clearly onside if they are using the cuff of the shirt still. Not sure what Dale is getting at

And officials. How the fuck is that happening? Absolutely no way they’re not talking to them.
They’ve (TV commentators) admitted they can hear the communications at Stockley Park, but say the var can’t hear them

Except the clear elbow in the face which impedes the defenders run.
I don’t know what your agenda is on this thread. You basically poo poo anyone’s views if they are against Var. So me a favour and ignore me as I basically stopped reading anything you say on this subject as imo it’s all bollocks

My eyes are far too old and shit to be able to tell from that clip.

But IF it is a foul, I think it’s a fair decision to bring it back as the bloke then tries and fails to cut out the pass to the man who crosses, that leads directly to the goal, so it’s definitely in the same phase of play.
the arsenal foul was same phase of play but too far back in play
make it up as go along

Remember a few seasons back, Liverpool v Spurs at Anfield…. Late penalty shout for Spurs, but Kane appears offside, but officials not sure if VVD played the ball, meaning Kane isn’t offside. John Moss referee….
To the linesman… “What do the TV guys think, what’ve they said”? All picked up on pitch side mic.
Remember that well. CUNTS!!!

I know, but explain how they’re saying things like it’s off or it’s a goal then whilst the ref still is stood waiting with his hand on his earpiece?

Probably because if you watch some of those ‘Mic’d Up’ clips, the VAR will tell the referee it’s onside for example, which the TV people are aware of. But then he’ll tell him to hold fire while they check that nothing else untoward has gone. They call it checking the APP ( Attacking Phase of Play )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.