VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The clear and obvious error is by far the biggest scam. It either IS or it ISNT, why hide behind clear n obvious error?
This is VAR and fan’s biggest issue. Fouls are subjective. How much contact is enough for it to be a foul? It’s a contact sport.

A 51/49 decision for a ref is seen as a 100/0 decision by a fan.

Whether VAR is there or not, the partisan fan will always end up angry, so maybe VAR should stay and rectify decisions that officials perceive as incorrect.

Fix it or bin it.

Embrace change, use the technology available and it will work.

Stop this clear & obvious approach.

It’s a good thing Wolves have brought this up. If it is to stay then at least we can all agree on the problems and start fixing them.

I don’t really want to go back to the refs making mistakes mainly because city are under constant attack. As a club we need Var to work to keep it as clean as possible.

We all hate that it can stop emotions when goals are scored but mainly from a city point of view we got to keep what’s working for us.

This is VAR and fan’s biggest issue. Fouls are subjective. How much contact is enough for it to be a foul? It’s a contact sport.

A 51/49 decision for a ref is seen as a 100/0 decision by a fan.

Whether VAR is there or not, the partisan fan will always end up angry, so maybe VAR should stay and rectify decisions that officials perceive as incorrect.
I worry that all calls for var to be ‘improved’ is fruitless as the incompetents in charge are unable to improve, not capable. That audio for the liv/spurs game was fucking terrible and showed the operators to be amateur beyond belief

Have people forgotten the absolute bullshit that existed even before VAR? It wasn’t some incredible utopia. Where bent linesman could just flag anything they wanted and that was final?

Where things like this are given as offside?

I do not want to go back to this. We should be working WITH VAR to make it better, to improve it, to improve the experience for match-goers etc, not getting rid of it.
Two words; Marcus. Rashford.

I worry that all calls for var to be ‘improved’ is fruitless as the incompetents in charge are unable to improve, not capable. That audio for the liv/spurs game was fucking terrible and showed the operators to be amateur beyond belief
I think we all want it to be improved if it is to stay.

AI will get better and take over more decisions and make them more accurate, more quickly.

The contentious fouls will always be a talking point, whatever officiating is in place.

I think they should suspend it until they get it right, but would personally prefer to see it stopped forever. It would be good if the club would set up a poll for season ticket holders and the club vote according to the outcome.

I think they should suspend it until they get it right, but would personally prefer to see it stopped forever. It would be good if the club would set up a poll for season ticket holders and the club vote according to the outcome.
You must have read my mind, was going to post the same almost word for word. After all we as match going fans should get a say on the subject.

Have people forgotten the absolute bullshit that existed even before VAR? It wasn’t some incredible utopia. Where bent linesman could just flag anything they wanted and that was final?

Where things like this are given as offside?

I do not want to go back to this. We should be working WITH VAR to make it better, to improve it, to improve the experience for match-goers etc, not getting rid of it.
Or this bollock by Clutterfuck (linesman).
Clattenbollock.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.