VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not trying to clutch at straws,

The ball isn't hit at Tarkowski, he actually runs to block the shot and uses his arm to do so.

View attachment 106780View attachment 106781View attachment 106782View attachment 106783
He doesn't want to take it in his stomach, so takes it with his arm in a deliberate motion. The only mitigation for me is the closeness to and the speed of the shot. But certainly a deliberate movement by the player, so technically - handball?

The Video Assistant Referee is an extra set of eyes, with the advantage of high quality video feeds and slow-motion replay and is there to monitor incidents the on-field referee may have missed, such as 'violent conduct'.

In our game, the on-field officials missed an Everton player deliberately kick Ederson in the head, and yet VAR ignored it. A simple case of violent conduct, and they IGNORED it, like it never happened. The PL have spent the majority of the evening playing whack-a-mole with anyone who dare post a video of the incident, and the major TV sports outlets have IGNORED it.

Weird, huh?
Random capitalisation just makes you sound even more sensationalist than you actually are, which is a lot in the first instance.

Chicago has stopped doing it, maybe you could too?

Thanks.

Any explanation from the powers that be as to why VAR missed the deliberate kick at Ederson's face by Godfrey ?? Did they actually look at it??

Last edited:
The Video Assistant Referee is an extra set of eyes, with the advantage of high quality video feeds and slow-motion replay and is there to monitor incidents the on-field referee may have missed, such as 'violent conduct'.

In our game, the on-field officials missed an Everton player deliberately kick Ederson in the head, and yet VAR ignored it. A simple case of violent conduct, and they IGNORED it, like it never happened. The PL have spent the majority of the evening playing whack-a-mole with anyone who dare post a video of the incident, and the major TV sports outlets have IGNORED it.

Weird, huh?
I've seen it a couple of times, the kick was clearly a second act, and not part of the initial coming together, in other words it was deliberate!
Godfrey was also looking straight at Ederson when he kicked out. I just cant see how that can be deemed accidental?

I fully expect the club to ask the officials and Webb for an explanation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.