VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just watching MOTD; the game at Luton had 2 ludicrous penalty awards (one each), which were confirmed by VAR. Even Rob Edwards said that he thought neither of them were penalties, and then admitted that he has no idea what handball is any more.
There were quite a few on the match day thread that wanted a pen for an everton handball yesterday .

Sickening this allowed to stand and he gets to gleefully rub it in with the celebration.

View attachment 106770
Id rather have something like this than what we have to suffer with VAR and the ridiculous inconsistent decisions that it delivers, the "not clear and obvious error" the fractions of inches that rule out a perfectly good goal yet, allows the ghost goal at the rags The foul by the rag keeper v Wolves etc, the kick out by the Neverton player at Edison's head yesterday. VAR cannot be defended its just the same idiots making more mistakes, spoiling football especially for the match going fans. I didn't fully celebrate the goals at the Etihad yesterday as i was sure they would find something wrong

Id rather have something like this

That’s fine, but no, fuck cheating bastards that can score with there elbow and gleefully celebrate- that’s against my team I’d be gutted especially knowing we have tech in place just to let officials know that it should be disallowed. If this goal was against any opposition there would be furious outrage and hundreds of pages about it.

All the above does not excuse the times when officials fail to get the correct call even with monitor.

There were quite a few on the match day thread that wanted a pen for an everton handball yesterday .
The Tarkowski block?

I think it was only one or two calling for handball in the match thread. It definitely hit his arm, but it was straight at him from short range at pace and his arm was tucked right into his body. I'd be fuming if that had been given against us, but not at all surprised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.