VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
True, more aimed at the social media side nowadays and the reaction after a bad/wrong decision - also so easy nowadays to clip one example in one match to another and scream ‘where’s the consistency!’ Just think so many fans are conditioned to think the world’s against them and can’t ever be rational when decisions go against them.

That’s a bit misleading. I’ve just watched the ‘Mic’d Up’ programme. He didn’t say referees are set to start announcing it. He said it is one of the things that they are looking at.

I saw a few clips of it in action in the ladies World Cup and it was all a bit underwhelming anyway. Basically just putting into words what was blindingly obvious by the way they were restarting play.

There is an almighty effort to keep a lid on corruption , bias at the very least , not to mention racism towards our owner , no reason not be be transparent , unless there are plenty of reasons ..
You can't seriously believe there's a concerted plan to make decisions unfairly against City? That's bonkers if true, although every fan forum seems to think their side is being victimised.

Funny that fans always remember the decisions that go against them but never the ones in their favour.

Absolutely no way are there any signs that City are being singled out for harsh treatment. There have been some poor decisions for sure (Dippers at Etihad for one) but also some that went the other way (Dippers at Anfield), pretty much the whole Brighton match. I reckon it evens out for the top sides as they create so many chances and maybe doesn't even out for the bottom sides as they create much fewer chances so poor decisions may unduly skew the numbers.

If City are being victimised then so are Forest, Wolves, Dippers, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton.

What would be the point anyway of doing it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.