VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

Can’t remember where I saw this but I think I read somewhere that technology is overtaking the UEFA system and the Premier League don’t want to bring in something that will soon have been overtaken by the likes of the one they’re going with.
Jogged my memory it’s to do with the ball and its sensor technology the UCL ball provider Adidas has patterned technology that they won’t share with the Nike the PL ball supplier

I don’t think that would be practical. There’s a lot of leagues around the world using different variations of a VAR system, that don’t have the money or the infrastructure to use the high tech. versions that are used in World Cups, UEFA Comps. Etc.

Fair enough.

All applied globally where the infrastructure and money are available, then. Is there any reason why FIFA, UEFA and the big leagues in Europe, for example, shouldn't use the same guidelines and systems?

Fair enough.

All applied globally where the infrastructure and money are available, then. Is there any reason why FIFA, UEFA and the big leagues in Europe, for example, shouldn't use the same guidelines and systems?

I suppose it’s that FIFA oversee the game globally, but they don’t dictate every detail that all competitions should adhere to.

Similar to why all competitions aren’t required to use the same football or pitches must have identical dimensions I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.