VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

It ruined the celebration?
Grow a pair.

I also follow RL,no one's EVER come up with that excuse, and you get at least 5 VR decisions per match
It's revolutionised cricket since the Millennium

Why are football fans so precious about "celebrations"

With VAR, you get to "celebrate" TWICE

Double the fun
Bollocks.
Var is shit .
We scored .
Celebrate then wait 5 minutes.
It's awful

You would rather have had no VAR and your goal incorrectly ruled out ?

I would rather the referee did his job properly and over-ruled an obviously wrong call on-field.

Tbf, though, I must say I like this "higher bar"for interventions. Cuts out a lot of the shit. Just apply the same to offsides then that's probably as good as it's going to get.

Just a question of which you hate more: erosion of the fan experience, or getting decisions wrong against you from time to time.

I would rather the referee did his job properly and over-ruled an obviously wrong call on-field.

Tbf, though, I must say I like this "higher bar"for interventions. Cuts out a lot of the shit. Just apply the same to offsides then that's probably as good as it's going to get.

Just a question of which you hate more: erosion of the fan experience, or getting decisions wrong against you from time to time.
If you erode the fan experience, which it absolutely undeniably does, then you should question its existence. And bin it.
Put it to the fans. They won’t because they know it’s TV gold.

About as pathetic as people on here saying it’s in favour of Liverpool, Arsenal ,Man Utd ?

VAR has worked wonders this weekend from what I’ve seen, 3 clear red cards given and many decision aswell as quick decisions.
Couple of others that can be improved.
Coming at you with logic tends to get ignored. Define what can be improved? It has been in the league for years and should be a finished article by now, getting absolutely nothing wrong at this stage surely? You will hammer home things it got correct, whilst ignoring the many things it has got wrong. I am not on the train of not celebrating though. Goals are still celebrated as normal, nobody waits. We have an uneasy few seconds after the celebration granted, but nobody doesn't celebrate until it is given.

Coming at you with logic tends to get ignored. Define what can be improved? It has been in the league for years and should be a finished article by now, getting absolutely nothing wrong at this stage surely? You will hammer home things it got correct, whilst ignoring the many things it has got wrong. I am not on the train of not celebrating though. Goals are still celebrated as normal, nobody waits. We have an uneasy few seconds after the celebration granted, but nobody doesn't celebrate until it is given.
Goals aren’t celebrated anything like they used to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.