VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

About as pathetic as people on here saying it’s in favour of Liverpool, Arsenal ,Man Utd ?

VAR has worked wonders this weekend from what I’ve seen, 3 clear red cards given and many decision aswell as quick decisions.
Couple of others that can be improved.
Just for the reaction, of which there is plenty. Hopefully a few red Sundays ruined

He did, but the whole thing ruined the celebration for us. It's garbage.
It ruined the celebration?
Grow a pair.

I also follow RL,no one's EVER come up with that excuse, and you get at least 5 VR decisions per match
It's revolutionised cricket since the Millennium

Why are football fans so precious about "celebrations"

With VAR, you get to "celebrate" TWICE

Double the fun

It ruined the celebration?
Grow a pair.

I also follow RL,no one's EVER come up with that excuse, and you get at least 5 VR decisions per match
It's revolutionised cricket since the Millennium

Why are football fans so precious about "celebrations"

With VAR, you get to "celebrate" TWICE

Double the fun
Rugby league fan. Opinion dismissed. Remember celebrating twice when Sterling scored against spurs in the ucl....no me neither.

Rugby league fan. Opinion dismissed. Remember celebrating twice when Sterling scored against spurs in the ucl....no me neither.
Lovely blinkers, re RL
VAR got one (deliberately) wrong, re Sterling. Shit (deliberately) happens.

I bet you celebrated AGAIN when VAR gave Stones' goal
I CERTAINLY did.
My neighbours can verify

Lovely blinkers, re RL
VAR got one (deliberately) wrong, re Sterling. Shit (deliberately) happens.

I bet you celebrated AGAIN when VAR gave Stones' goal
I CERTAINLY did.
My neighbours can verify
VAR got two wrong in that one game (handball for their goal!)...

Anyway..as I said previously me and my lad went mental ..and it's then followed by this horrible feeling, mentally trying to work out why it might not count. I'd rather it was immediate. That's what football is...or what makes it so great.

He did, but the whole thing ruined the celebration for us. It's garbage.
10000%. And that’s why I fucking hate it. I was there today and barely celebrated knowing there could be some VAR wank.
Just let the ref and linesman do their thing. If it goes your way, go mental, if you get flagged, tough shit.
I fucking hate it.

I don’t like VAR and would get rid were it up to me. But, at least it does now appear to be what it was originally intended as, correcting on field errors. Saliba should have got a red, VAR corrected it, Stones goal should not have been ruled out, VAR corrected it, there were two bad calls in favour of the victims (shocker), VAR corrected both. So possibly we are seeing some progress.

I don’t like VAR and would get rid were it up to me. But, at least it does now appear to be what it was originally intended as, correcting on field errors. Saliba should have got a red, VAR corrected it, Stones goal should not have been ruled out, VAR corrected it, there were two bad calls in favour of the victims (shocker), VAR corrected both. So possibly we are seeing some progress.

massive understatement, just shows how often massive decisions were wrongly made and it's hard to blame onfield officials for most of them as such tight calls - VAR was needed.

Here's a question..... If the Bournemouth striker had gone through and scored.... what are the chances the goal would have been disallowed as I thought the striker looked to be offside. If he was offside then surely the red card should not stand, or should it?

Correction just seen the ball that put him through was an Arsenal player backpass, unbelievable.

However, if it had been a Bournemouth ball and the lino never raised his flag (as they don't) could he be sent off?
He wasn't offside..Trossard played the ball so he couldn't be offside..mind you I didn't notice it until I saw a replay..

After a pretty quiet start to the season I think in this round of games we’ve had three VAR penalties. Two sendings off. A penalty given, two penalties chalked off and a goal given.

Have I missed anything?

Pretty eventful weekend.

Still one match to go aswell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.