VAR (PL introduction 2019)

VAR in a manchester ctiy game will be over worked and if you think city average 3 or 4 goals a game and over 20 chances we are talking about a lot of time to be added on, people are getting me wrong about VAR i think its a good thing but will be used for the wrong things and contact is by biggest fear and players knowing a little touch and over you go and roll about, football is a contact sport and using your body and hands to defend the ball is within the rules of the game even tackling is part of the game so VAR will have to understand what a football player is like but we all know referees and officials was never football players and never played the game in pro level

You could be right let’s wait and see.

VAR is a shambles in Australia but that is mostly due to the idiots viewing the video. It should work like it does in other codes where a 4th or 5th official views it and doesn't rush a decision. In the A league the ref comes over and watches a tiny TV for a quick reply then still makes an impulse decision. They screw it up so much that now they are afraid to use it

I know this may be reintroducing this thread, but with some of the VAR decisions going on this weekend, it proves, to me anyway, that the system will never be perfect.
It is now quite apparent with VAR, that there will be a massive increase in the award of penalties.
This will be down to professional footballers, feeling the hand of Mr. Spock and collapsing in a heap on the ground, with all of his cohorts, trained to scream at the ref for a penalty.
The man in Black will put left forefinger to left ear, 'could you just check that one for me Andre?', whilst simultaneously raising his right arm to point towards the penalty spot.
Andre will reply, 'Yes Anthony, that fucker Otamendi, put his hand on Lukaku's waist, not sure if enough to put the elephant down, but definite contact'!
And there we have it, VAR in all of it's glory

I know this may be reintroducing this thread, but with some of the VAR decisions going on this weekend, it proves, to me anyway, that the system will never be perfect.
It is now quite apparent with VAR, that there will be a massive increase in the award of penalties.
This will be down to professional footballers, feeling the hand of Mr. Spock and collapsing in a heap on the ground, with all of his cohorts, trained to scream at the ref for a penalty.
The man in Black will put left forefinger to left ear, 'could you just check that one for me Andre?', whilst simultaneously raising his right arm to point towards the penalty spot.
Andre will reply, 'Yes Anthony, that fucker Otamendi, put his hand on Lukaku's waist, not sure if enough to put the elephant down, but definite contact'!
And there we have it, VAR in all of it's glory

VAR is a great idea in principle and I do want it introduced in the premier, the problem is one cock makes a decision and then another cock reviews it. VAR is only as good as the referees that are using it. The penalty in the Oldham game yesterday being a perfect example, the only 2 people who saw that as a penalty were the ref who gave the initial decision and the other ref who reviewed it, it really does leave you scratching your head at times.

VAR is never wrong, just the application of it - which they’ve tried fucking up since it’s inception.
They’re basically swapping a set of robust rules which they “interpret” and “apply” in some head scratching ways. For a more modern way to “interpret” and “apply” the same head scratching ways.
The problem is, and always be the twats who are controlling the rules/technology.

VAR is never wrong, just the application of it - which they’ve tried fucking up since it’s inception.
They’re basically swapping a set of robust rules which they “interpret” and “apply” in some head scratching ways. For a more modern way to “interpret” and “apply” the same head scratching ways.
The problem is, and always be the twats who are controlling the rules/technology.
It's not only them though. A far bigger problem are the cheating, play-acting, overpaid primadonnas who fall over when blown on, claim for every throw-in, corner, goal kick and foul, irrespective of the truth of the matter. They lie on the floor feiging injury and they are doing that more and more in the hope of getting the referee or the opponents to stop play (it is becoming quite an effective tactic in stopping teams attacking). If the players and, dare I say it, the managers just had a bit more respect for the laws of the game, as well as the spirit of the game, football wouldn't find itself in the mess it is in.
Send players off for swearing, put players 'on-report', unless a red card is absolutely nailed on, and punish them retrospectively. Get rid of this yellow card is the end of the matter nonsense, and ban players for 'simulation', regardless of the outcome, with the ban doubling for every subsequent infraction.
Until football realises it has all the power it needs to clean up the sport, just constantly blaming the referee is somewhat pointless.

It's not only them though. A far bigger problem are the cheating, play-acting, overpaid primadonnas who fall over when blown on, claim for every throw-in, corner, goal kick and foul, irrespective of the truth of the matter. They lie on the floor feiging injury and they are doing that more and more in the hope of getting the referee or the opponents to stop play (it is becoming quite an effective tactic in stopping teams attacking). If the players and, dare I say it, the managers just had a bit more respect for the laws of the game, as well as the spirit of the game, football wouldn't find itself in the mess it is in.
Send players off for swearing, put players 'on-report', unless a red card is absolutely nailed on, and punish them retrospectively. Get rid of this yellow card is the end of the matter nonsense, and ban players for 'simulation', regardless of the outcome, with the ban doubling for every subsequent infraction.
Until football realises it has all the power it needs to clean up the sport, just constantly blaming the referee is somewhat pointless.
I agree mate, it’s worth remembering though that there are currently rules in place to eliminate simulation, the twats just don’t seem to apply the rules fairly or consistently without exception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.