VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Two completely different games so ridiculous to try and compare them.

Correct.

Many in the we want var club, myself included a few years ago pissed off with being done over by shit decisions made the mistake of comparing and saying look cricket can do it etc.

VAR is a horror show for football and will kill the game we love, talking points and its mistakes included.

Correct.

Many in the we want var club, myself included a few years ago pissed off with being done over by shit decisions made the mistake of comparing and saying look cricket can do it etc.

VAR is a horror show for football and will kill the game we love, talking points and its mistakes included.
Not only have you come round to my way of thinking, you've also picked up the 'fuck var' baton and are running faster with it

Still have not seen any rationale/explanation why no VAR review & why Lloris was not booked and penalty retaken for encroachment in CL 1st Leg.

VAR team were certain of offside line & determined Aguero offside by absolute minimum margin possible in 2nd Leg which is fine/correct

However, if they can be so certain of the second, where ball going one way and player in opposite direction but cannot determine encroachment of a yard by a goalkeeper, particularly where the line has already been drawn for them.

& for referees on the forum when new rules for player leaving the field come into play, will they have to put a bib on before wandering around the pitch as the subs warning up on the touchline have to wear, as their presence on the touchline is/was deemed to cause incorrect calls by misidentification.

Still have not seen any rationale/explanation why no VAR review & why Lloris was not booked and penalty retaken for encroachment in CL 1st Leg.

VAR team were certain of offside line & determined Aguero offside by absolute minimum margin possible in 2nd Leg which is fine/correct

However, if they can be so certain of the second, where ball going one way and player in opposite direction but cannot determine encroachment of a yard by a goalkeeper, particularly where the line has already been drawn for them.

& for referees on the forum when new rules for player leaving the field come into play, will they have to put a bib on before wandering around the pitch as the subs warning up on the touchline have to wear, as their presence on the touchline is/was deemed to cause incorrect calls by misidentification.

The last point is a good one.

I have no idea if VAR last season was judging keepers moving; I don't recall many obvious ones given without VAR being available.

Last year officials in the Champs lge were instructed that VAR would not be used for encroachment.
With regards to the bibs. Ideally substituted players would wear bibs but practically how do you do this. Have bibs all round the pitch? Also home & away bibs are different colours.

It threatened to kill the womens world cup - so many penalties and cards for keepers "encroaching" in group stages that they had to change the rules.
Var is trying to run before it can even crawl in football.
Utterly farcical. 30 seconds to review should be plenty - if no obvious error by ref then the game should continue.
I like how var is applied in rugby but never going to be like that in football.
My Sty and bt subscriptions may well be cancelled by December if var is applied as it has been recently.
I truely pity the poor sods who will be at the match starting at 3pm and due to var the match ends 12 f*cking hours later!

If supporters are happy to allow the officials to make errors then we wouldn’t be needing VAR.
Supporters have been happy with the game for a hundred years, seeing it rise in global popularity to become one of the biggest sport in the world. Errors have always been part of that, and the notion that var will eliminate errors is ridiculous (as we have seen for the last couple of years).
As i said before, if you want error free football get on your x box.

You only have to look at any game with VAR being used and there are more controversial decisions than prior to VAR. I have no idea what so ever of the objective of VAR In football now. I thought it was to eliminate clear and obvious errors, but that isn’t the case at all. It feels like it’s being used now to create controversy and it feels the referees and under strict orders to create talking points throughout the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.