VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Which is where we’ll end up with this bollocks unless, as I hope and predict, the fans realise just how badly it will imapct on the game and it’ll get canned due to fan reaction. Every goal will now have an element of doubt, every single one. Was there a pull on a shirt before the ball was played that led to the ball over the top, which led to the cross, that led to the goal, etc, etc. The sense of instant euphoria will be gone. It will kill the game we know stone dead. Everyone looking around, wondering, “has it gone to VAR, hasn’t it?” The game, this fantastic game, complete with with human error, will be finished if we go ahead with VAR. Leave it alone.

this wonderful game with human error that could cost you a title, a cup or a place in the league that could be corrected in a relative short space of time once its refined

i just don't believe you would rather the game to "flow" than get it right

are you happy for goals like Bernardo's to be chalked off for the sake of the flow

and johnny evans pulling trent alexander-arnold is also a fact, but again you are on about bent refs and not VAR

It's of course v.a.r. as well, because those incidents have to be reviewed in order to arrive at a correct decision.

Otherwise var will be a token, meaningless exercise open to incompetence & corruption.

To review everything takes ages. Which will spoil the game.

It's of course v.a.r. as well, because those incidents have to be reviewed in order to arrive at a correct decision.

Otherwise var will be a token, meaningless exercise open to incompetence & corruption.

To review everything takes ages. Which will spoil the game.

in that particular instance, yes it would take longer because of the very nature of it being a crowd scene, but that is not the fault of VAR.

if you are happy enough to accept wrong decisions to keep the flow of the game going then fair enough, just don't complain about them and by the they wont be all bent decisions

There not going to review throw ins etc. It's for match changing incidents, which has been shown in the Kelechi/Barry/West Brom's 3rd goal incidents. All of which VAR corrected or confirmed as ok. The glaring error was the Bernardo goal, which didn't have VAR available. It's highlighted in a handful of matches, how the referee team can get so much wrong. Whether that's because of poor refs or something more sinister is up for debate.

No system is perfect but there's so many cameras at elite games these days most things are captured.

Can I ask how you felt when Bernardo scored on Sunday. Guess you cheered like me. Not gutted when it was incorrectly ruled out through the officials. Something VAR would have corrected?

I'm a south stand season ticket holder, don't go away as much these days as in my 40s, but earned my spurs in the 80s/90s.... god I miss Grimsby!!
Are you being deliberately obtuse and patronising or are deliberately missing the point. Very tiresome.

Which is exactly the excuse they would make, in order to make their job easier.

And supposedly the Liverpool player holding the WBA players arm at the near post is now legal as well then ? We just ignore that one ?

All this is fine if you are happy to see this happen to City & turn a blind eye to all these litlle fouls when Utd get them ignored & then get a pen for City doing the same thing 20 mins later.

I'm really not.

Never enough in any of those instances of to give anything I'm afraid

in that particular instance, yes it would take longer because of the very nature of it being a crowd scene, but that is not the fault of VAR.

if you are happy enough to accept wrong decisions to keep the flow of the game going then fair enough, just don't complain about them and by the they wont be all bent decisions

I'm not 'happy' about wrong decisions, I just don't want the same fucking biased morons making them, as they see fit, with a video. Which is what wil happen & is happening now.

It will just swap one set of shite for another. But the chances of corruption are much higher.

If you can get a fucking robot operating it I've no problem with it

I'm not 'happy' about wrong decisions, I just don't want the same fucking biased morons making them, as they see fit, with a video. Which is what wil happen & is happening now.

It will just swap one set of shite for another. But the chances of corruption are much higher.

If you can get a fucking robot operating it I've no problem with it

forget the "biased morons" for a minute, are you happy for human error even though it could be corrected just so you can keep the flow of the game?

Never enough in any of those instances of to give anything I'm afraid

That's your opinion, so if you were the ref, you could change your opinion & give it. Nobody would say you are wrong, as they are all fouls. So if I offer you 50k in a brown envelope, before the game, you can make it 4-1 to West Brom. Book Salah for diving, give West Brom a pen after ruling out the 'offside' goal.

They are all fouls. The 'never enough' bit comes from refs letting it go because they can't be sure.

Well now they can give a pen, at any corner or free kick, whenever a player holds another & the players are too fucking thick to stop doing it.

Now they can fix any game in full view of the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.