VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Which is where we’ll end up with this bollocks unless, as I hope and predict, the fans realise just how badly it will imapct on the game and it’ll get canned due to fan reaction. Every goal will now have an element of doubt, every single one. Was there a pull on a shirt before the ball was played that led to the ball over the top, which led to the cross, that led to the goal, etc, etc. The sense of instant euphoria will be gone. It will kill the game we know stone dead. Everyone looking around, wondering, “has it gone to VAR, hasn’t it?” The game, this fantastic game, complete with with human error, will be finished if we go ahead with VAR. Leave it alone.

You may well be right. But give it a chance. So far VAR has corrected some ropey decisions. Let's see the impact it has at the end of the season? Not assume things...

The ball was crossed to salah who had his shirt pulled. As has been explained to you earlier a pull is a foul. Correct decision

Also Evans was fouling the Liverpool player first in the Barry incident so that supersedes Barry, so your whole argument falls down. If your so pedantic to look for anything, you will find it.

The ball wasn't crossed to him at all it never got anywhere near him.

And if Evans' foul was the first one, you are correct, that would have been the reason to disallow the goal. I haven't noticed it so I'll take your word for it.

Just proves the point I am making.

It's a load of bollocks operated by people some of whom are useless, some are biased & some are bent.

Not a good idea to give them more power.

That's your opinion, so if you were the ref, you could change your opinion & give it. Nobody would say you are wrong, as they are all fouls. So if I offer you 50k in a brown envelope, before the game, you can make it 4-1 to West Brom. Book Salah for diving, give West Brom a pen after ruling out the 'offside' goal.

They are all fouls. The 'never enough' bit comes from refs letting it go because they can't be sure.

Well now they can give a pen, at any corner or free kick, whenever a player holds another & the players are too fucking thick to stop doing it.

Now they can fix any game in full view of the world.

What do you think goes on now?? VAR will never be perfect, but it imo will improve the current corrupt/inept levels. If it doesn't then get rid. Fair enough. But at least give it a chance first... I think you'll be surprised....

What do you think goes on now?? VAR will never be perfect, but it imo will improve the current corrupt/inept levels. If it doesn't then get rid. Fair enough. But at least give it a chance first... I think you'll be surprised....

Well they have it in Rugby & Cricket & I hate both.

Football is usually worse than them.

Ok in tennis, mostly, as it's a line decision. I have no problem with goal line techology.

I don't think it should be used for offsides or anything which hands people goals.

Only to stop blatant cheating & violence.

That seems simple enough to me.

Why? It gives the correct decision very easily for 99.9% of the decisions. Bernardo the case in point

The ball wasn't crossed to him at all it never got anywhere near him.

And if Evans' foul was the first one, you are correct, that would have been the reason to disallow the goal. I haven't noticed it so I'll take your word for it.

Just proves the point I am making.

It's a load of bollocks operated by people some of whom are useless, some are biased & some are bent.

Not a good idea to give them more power.

No it doesn't. Barry incident questionable at best. Salah clear pull. Totally different and correct calls

Well they have it in Rugby & Cricket & I hate both.

Football is usually worse than them.

Ok in tennis, mostly, as it's a line decision. I have no problem with goal line techology.

You may hate both but the percentage of correct decisions in both sports have gone up dramatically after the introduction of the technology.... offside is a line decision.... and you argued for the Barry incident so vermently...??

No it doesn't. Barry incident questionable at best. Salah clear pull. Totally different and correct calls

You said Evans fouled someone before the other incidents.

If that's the case, it should be that incident which it was disallowed for. But it wasn't. They probably still haven't seen it.

If I was the var ref, I would book Salah for exaggerating the foul as well.

It's goig to fuck the game up & help Utd.

You may hate both but the percentage of correct decisions in both sports have gone up dramatically after the introduction of the technology.... offside is a line decision.... and you argued for the Barry incident so vermently...??

Offside has factors they can't see, such as the exact fraction of a second the ball is kicked & I like the fact that most non fat cheating Mason **** refs give the advantage to the atracker, so more goals are given than chalked off. That will go. Some real beautys of ours would have been disallowed due to 3 inches.

Line calls are fine.

Cricket var is a fucking joke. Half the decisions are clearly wrong but allowed to stand & most perfectly good catches the camera can't see are given as drops.

Rugby does it right, but it takes too long & they still make errors anyhow.

do you want every single contentious decision reviewed?

I just don't get how it is fair that certain decisions will reviewed by var and others wont.

no just within the current remit

Primarily, VAR can only be used for four match-changing situations:

1. Whether goals should stand

2. Penalty decisions

3. Direct red cards shown or not shown, although second yellow cards are not reviewable to draw a line

4. Mistaken identity, like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kieran Gibbs against Chelsea in 2014.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.