VAR Thread - 2021/22

football is as big as ever and holds even more excitement than ever. VAR hasn’t affected it at all - some even prefer seeing offside goals correctly ruled out and penalty’s over turned correctly.
I agree, but I also miss blatantly onside goals being ruled off and obvious penalties being ignored.

That’s the way it’s always been pre VAR - a player goes down in the area. The crowd goes absolutely mental. The ref has to make a decisions without being sure.
it’s farcical that some would prefer it that way.

now we have VAR, a ref can review the incident and make a judgment call. Not to say they get it right all the time. But it’s far better to know a ref has a second look rather than guessing.
But the downside is I don’t enjoy the instant rush of scoring a goal anymore. And that’s the main reason for going to games for me. Once my youngest lad doesn’t need me to take him anymore I’m afraid I’m done with going.

But the downside is I don’t enjoy the instant rush of scoring a goal anymore. And that’s the main reason for going to games for me. Once my youngest lad doesn’t need me to take him anymore I’m afraid I’m done with going.

that’s fair enough.

Shearer on MotD was visibly angry VAR never gave handball. It looked at one point he was going to burst into tears.

We get one decision and here you are again being sarky , var off
It was a shocking decision if genuinely it was called in there not being evidence to overturn the handball. It was as clear as day it hit him in the red zone. If VAR can’t cope with those then it is fatally flawed. Everton might get relegated as a result of losing that point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.