VAR Thread - 2021/22

I think it was 50/50 hit right on the point of shirt fabric/arm. Although Richarlison being offside means whatever big Rod did was irrelevant.
Thing is, nobody really has a scooby as to whether the offside would have even been relevant with this phase of play crap.

It was a shocking decision if genuinely it was called in there not being evidence to overturn the handball. It was as clear as day it hit him in the red zone. If VAR can’t cope with those then it is fatally flawed. Everton might get relegated as a result of losing that point
i am undecided about it and dont know if the offside counted in the decision , the refs manning var are not fit for purpose and have natural bias if not bent , it has ruined the game

the hammer doesnt seem to see how many times the rags and dippers get ridiculous decisions using var and endless leg up, smart arse trolling since it came in on here

It was a shocking decision if genuinely it was called in there not being evidence to overturn the handball. It was as clear as day it hit him in the red zone. If VAR can’t cope with those then it is fatally flawed. Everton might get relegated as a result of losing that point
They got to the correct decision in a very roundabout route, the diving Brazilian was offside in the build up, no doubt, no question, if the lino had done his job the ball wouldn't have even got into the penalty area.

i am undecided about it and dont know if the offside counted in the decision , the refs manning var are not fit for purpose and have natural bias if not bent , it has ruined the game

the hammer doesnt seem to see how many times the rags and dippers get ridiculous decisions using var and endless leg up, smart arse trolling since it came in on here
Blue hammer is down a rabbit hole. At least he acknowledges the impact VAR is having on fan enjoyment now it seems - but he doesn’t give that the weight it deserves

One angle suggests the ball hit his shirt sleeve. As there is this weirdly defined T-shirt rule, that should be enough to make it not a "clear and obvious error".

Everton spend too much time arguing!
The whole thing about the t shirt rule tells you all you need to know. What about players wearing long sleeve shirts. Does VAR then assess where the t shirt might have ended. Utterly ludicrous

But football is as big as ever and the money keeps rolling in so you are not araed

it’s such an incompetent system that needs radical overhaul but people like you mate are part of the problem

VAR hasn’t affected my enjoyment of football. Not one bit. (Totally understand for others it has) but personally I prefer refs to get a second look and offside goals not standing etc. still not perfect by a long stretch. But I’m happy with VAR in the game and have hope it will always look at ways to improve.

Most Blues will tell you that VAR is flawed. Mainly because the refs all look after each other. If the ref makes a mistake the var ref doesn't overule him as they stick together. As soon as the ball struck him yesterday I said penalty. I accept the ref may have missed it but var should step in.
They dont so var is pointless.

(Except in the League Cup final -giggle)

So Liverpools goal would have stood if it wasn’t for VAR.
It’s ridiculous people want to go back to offside goals being given.

I’d be fuming right now. Watching Liverpool potentially win the Cup because of an offside goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.