VAR Thread - 2021/22

what are the officials and match referee and VAR officials roles in football ? to be neutral/impartial and human.
for me its the media and tv and the so called neutral pundits that are the problem ? highlighting something after they have done the cutting and mixing they can make something look so different.

its leading the blind to believe something is happening and unfair to there team and fans ?
TV and media need to be more impartial and use pundits that don't have a view because they played for a rival club.

skysport/BTsport/bbc motd. all know what they are doing and can change what happens and have a major say in what happens next. maybe its time football stands up to the media and tv and say its not a drama show ?

VAR can not work in football because of tv and media ? they have all the time in the world to cut and paste review and add fuel to the fire. all you need to do is take a leaf out of rugby and its officials they don't take any shit from players or media and tv. its left on the pitch and the match officials ? its simple

what we can learn from others is the VAR system needs a match official/referee's call on the pitch. if the referee calls a no pen or goal that should be the first point of call and you need clear obvious error to over turn the referee
Before Sky, MOTD the Itv equivalent and newspapers didn't analyse and dissect every refereeing decision. If they got it wrong it was discussed in the pub after the match and that was it.
If VAR is the problem it is one Sky created for their own ends.

Before Sky, MOTD the Itv equivalent and newspapers didn't analyse and dissect every refereeing decision. If they got it wrong it was discussed in the pub after the match and that was it.
Before VAR was introduced, I wasn't in favour of it and never have been, I prefered it to be down to the referee's interpretation. The ref has a split second to make a decision, yes they can get it wrong but then it's human error and over the season it will even out. All this VAR shananigans and everyone's still at each others throats. If those in charge said at the end of the season to get rid, I'd be all for it. Another thing, I no longer cheer when City score. I wait until they have kicked off after it's been given, what a terrible state of affairs that is, all the fun has been taken out of the game.

yeh I wouldn't be against this - although would imagine some would still go down the conspiracy path and nit pick everything being said and it still wouldn't please.
I go to watch football, not some bloke stood in the middle of the pitch with his finger in his ear, chatting away like a bluetooth wanker.

what are the officials and match referee and VAR officials roles in football ? to be neutral/impartial and human.
for me its the media and tv and the so called neutral pundits that are the problem ? highlighting something after they have done the cutting and mixing they can make something look so different.

its leading the blind to believe something is happening and unfair to there team and fans ?
TV and media need to be more impartial and use pundits that don't have a view because they played for a rival club.

skysport/BTsport/bbc motd. all know what they are doing and can change what happens and have a major say in what happens next. maybe its time football stands up to the media and tv and say its not a drama show ?

VAR can not work in football because of tv and media ? they have all the time in the world to cut and paste review and add fuel to the fire. all you need to do is take a leaf out of rugby and its officials they don't take any shit from players or media and tv. its left on the pitch and the match officials ? its simple

what we can learn from others is the VAR system needs a match official/referee's call on the pitch. if the referee calls a no pen or goal that should be the first point of call and you need clear obvious error to over turn the referee
We can trace the notion that var was 'needed' because the officials kept getting things wrong or missing things completely all the way back to sky tv coverage. Their editorial decision to highlight anything they thought was 'unfair' meant they concentrated more on decisions than the actual game.

BT quickly followed suit and now we had the two broadcasters setting the narrative. Half-time 'analysis' was, and is, now all about the ref's decisions.

spot on
VAR is for drama in homes and the match going fans don't have a clue at times ?

We can trace the notion that var was 'needed' because the officials kept getting things wrong or missing things completely all the way back to sky tv coverage. Their editorial decision to highlight anything they thought was 'unfair' meant they concentrated more on decisions than the actual game.

BT quickly followed suit and now we had the two broadcasters setting the narrative. Half-time 'analysis' was, and is, now all about the ref's decisions.

that is why VAR will never really work unless the referee gets more control
like i said a referee call on the pitch should be deem good enough in the first place. then it has to be very clear and obvious error to over turn it

funny enough just had a arsenal moaning about the handball and saying its clear cheating by city ??
that is what am trying to say ? how the media and tv have run this over and over again to make a point and city will get nothing from now on.

if it happened in the united liverpool games nothing would have been flagged up and nothing to see here move on ?
the game is been hand fed by the media/tv red scum and the officials are being warned you don't give manchester city the benefit of doubt

funny enough just had a arsenal moaning about the handball and saying its clear cheating by city ??
that is what am trying to say ? how the media and tv have run this over and over again to make a point and city will get nothing from now on.

if it happened in the united liverpool games nothing would have been flagged up and nothing to see here move on ?
the game is been hand fed by the media/tv red scum and the officials are being warned you don't give manchester city the benefit of doubt
Arseanl fan whining...? Who'd have thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.